free hit
counters
big wheels - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
peteh

big wheels

Hi has any one fitted 305 30 19 on custom wheels 10,5j to be fitted to a s4s

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Not that I know of, specifically, but they should fit with a little "poke". Maybe 10-20mm. I'd do probably like a +5mm or a 0mm offset.

The S300 ran 10.5" wheels with 315s and a +6 offset,but it had some flares. So, like I said, I don't think you'll be able to do with with out some poke.

Anyway, don't worry too much about the wheel diameter, get the offset right and you can (almost) squeeze those puppies in.

I will be putting some 11" wheels on my car with a 0 offset, but I'll be running flares and a much narrower tire -- 275mm

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

Thanks for that i will run standard wheel arch extentions s4s, are you saying if i copy the sport 300 offsets however change to 19 inch diameter rears and 305 30 19 tyres they will fit, what does poke mean?

Poke is when the tire sticks out past the arch. It all depends on how "fitted" you want the wheels to look, but yeah, I think S300 offsets on 19" rims with 305s (with the right aspect ratio) will suit you well. Here are some good tools to use:

http://marksink.com/tire_wheel_offset/offset.html

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

Was going to add, you can always undersize the tire a tad, say like a 275 or 265 and stretch it over the rim to give a smaller aspect and pull the wall of the tire in toward the wheel center, then it will clear the fender lip/ or extension. Much like drift cars run. I have 10.5" wide 19 inch wheels on my 300ZX twinturbo with a 245mm wide tire stretched on the rim to clear the inner fender lip so I don't rub. She's lowered 3 inches

89 White Esprit SE

...a few little upgrades....

93 RX7.....Silverstone

....slightly modded...Muahaha...

New Addition:

1990 300ZX TT......Hmmm