free hit
counters
London Riots - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

London Riots

Bibs

Just stay away from London!

These kids need some serious action taken against them. Shocking isn't strong enough a word... scum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gex_ya4-Oo

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, our plan is visit to, Norwich, Donington, Chester and Cardiff. We have been in London so many times, so we want to see different places now.

the police (who get promoted according to how many they arrest for good reasons or bad BTW)

Really?

Is that how it works?

Some of us really do have some strange attitudes towards the people who do a role that none of us would want to do to keep our communities relatively safe and ordered.

I for one am grateful to the police force for ensuring that nights like the last couple are the exception rather than the norm.

Cameron is on BBC in 10 mins...

Martial law on London? Bring in the tanks!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

The police do a difficult job but there are some who make it more difficult for themselves.

And there have been plenty of complaints in the last day or two, that police have not been on hand when they could have, and should have, been.

I greatly admire the Cypriot shopkeepers of Green Lanes (2 miles from me) who are just standing outside with baseball bats, saying "if they want a fight we will give them one". Those hundred or so shopkeepers show more community spirit and solidarity than a million police or a million "lock em up throw away the key" remarks could achieve.

I was talking to my brother in law (30 years in the Police force) about something like this a while ago.

Britains police force has been cut back and thinned right out, officers pretty much replaced with cameras, so all the police do now is react to situations that have already taken place, as there are not enough officers to pound the beat on foot nymores to be nosey and talk to people and discourage /prevent crimes from taking place (as it was in the 60's/70's)

Back then communities knew who their local copper was and could talk to him (ours was PC John Chance)

Sure they will identitfy the people who did this via the cameras, but it wont change the amount of damage they have already done.

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Water cannons and plastic bullets tonight? 16,000 cops on the streets. Bit late but good effort :thumbsup:

Evora NA

The same kind of crap happened in Paris a few years back and extented to other French cities. All done by the same kind of scums as seen in the video above.

Edited by Hemlock

Hey whats wrong with this wreck? We`re getting gas back here.

Its all very concerning that this element is just under the surface the whole time.

Makes you think that the notion of living in an advanced cultured and safe society is rather false.

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

I have to admit that I find this really disturbing. The news over here is showing the rioting as really widespread. I don't know of anything of this scale occurring here in Australia.

If the police are undermanned, bring in the military.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

This should have been dealt with in the very first instance, if they are using BBM then close the network. I see David Lammy MP has asked for this. If they are all out of work how are they paying for them?

Introduce a curfew. introduce martial law, get the troops on the ground, if your out your nicked, if you keep on your shot, Stop F^&king about it's all they will understand.

Can you imagine the Russians putting up with this?

This all stems from a lack of basic law enforcemt at the base level, get away with a little bit, push it a bit more and on and on. Turn a blind eye to drug dealing which leads to gangs. This combind with the limp wristed left wing attitude "of poor little things" over the past 20 years. This scum needed a firm hand from the start, To many hand outs and not enough discapline, no family units, no role models etc.

No prisons to put them in? build a camp like the POW's had and stick em in it. I really do not give a damm about human rights, what about mine?

And Cameron really needs to grow a pair, can you imagine Thatcher or Tebbit putting up with it? This is not a riot it's just thugs. Clegg is even worse he might as well wear the wifes clothes. Recall Parliment for one day on Thursday? recall it full stop.

If they do not squash this, it will not go away. Clockwork Orange was on last night, I could not tell if it was the news or a film.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

How long before it gets to the suburbs? Never? I'm not so sure I can count on society like I felt I could last week.

Watched Cameron today. He just didn't seem angry enough. Maybe thats a tactic but I think the 99.99% decent folk in this country expect a leader to be harder than anything with this type of thuggery.

But watch. There will eventually be a belated response - we are seeing that already. But, next time there is the remotest smell of disorder, the army etc will be rolled out to suggest that a lesson has been learned and to say - 'look, arn't we tough'.

I dont want lessons to have to be learned the whole time. I want there to be an instant, no debate, blink and you'll miss it, large boot to stamp out these events before they get started. No big media show, just swift and effective responses.

We saw it with the Falklands - a major task force en-route across the planet within 3 days of trouble. Didn't do it again did they?

I'm so angry but can't help feeling we are all to blame somehow. Not sure how, but I do have that feeling.

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

• Gold FFM

Suburbs? It's already kicking off in Watford tonight. Time to hide my car, methinks...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Root cause is thousands of young people of all ethnic backgrounds with inadequate education, no jobs, no prospect of jobs, no fathers to act as role models....or, if they do know their fathers, they too have never had a job either. Their situation is hopeless; there ARE no jobs for them to do. The Police have been cut back to the quick and beyond...so have all the Armed Forces...and these riots are the result. If all these rampaging oiks had jobs, earned income, prospects of home and family....their own independant life...things would be different. But all they can see is the same old desperate lifestyle stretching into the future...nothing to lose, in fact.

As for looting....I always thought looters were best deterred by summary execution....9mm justice. Or, at the very least, a return of the birch and the cat o' nine tails....let's see how they like it then!! I recommend the Inspector Gadget blog, if you want to see how things are viewed from the Police point of view...can't seem to link to it, but a Google search for "Inspector Gadget" will find it.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Loads of smashed in and looted shops were I work in central London. The shop opposite my works was trashed and a few others along the street too. Wonder if my work (shop/office) will be trashed tonight?

• Gold FFM

As some of you will know, we live next to a park - the designated meeting place for the thugs tonight. We're currently watching vanloads of cops in riot gear turning up!

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

vigilantes out on streets of Enfield .Going to make citizens arrests if find any looters.is this the future?

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Yes. In line with other economic policies, policing will get "franchised out" to licensed private security firms who will be subject to Government inspections now and again (and all the corruption will happen in between).

I think it would be insanity but I can see it happening-Tory and Labour alike didn`t mind privatising the prisons, after all.

Our news has reported a rioter shot and killed. Media also reported that he did not shoot at police. So if they got this angry over a crim being shot, what now?

I do not envy any of you if you live near these hot spots or have to travel to them. If you do go out at night, I can recommend the Series 8 Samsung 55" 3D LED tv. It's a ripper. :getmecoat:

Stay safe guys and gals.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Had some European friends staying with us over the last 48 hours. Dropped them off at Exeter coach station earlier this evening and they will arrive at Victoria Coach Station, London, around 11.30pm tonight. Their plan is to then Tube into London for a meal before flying back tomorrow. I said probably not too clever to do this, especially as they don't know London at all, but still adamant that is their intention. Hope they will be ok.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Message to Cameron, Ring Auntie Maggie she will sort it you bloody wimp.

My mate is an Inspector in Greater Manchester, he was called to London last night as they are that stretched.

Edited by red vtec

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Nice, called to London then the riots were in Manchester and Salford!

Ian, hope your guests were ok. Not a lot happening in London last night.

We even had some trouble in Norfolk. More opportunist vandalism than anything else.

Liking this quote "One of the issues has been, with so much legislation from the EU and successive government interferance, that the UK Police have become more like glorified social workers than the Police you would recognose throughout the rest of Europe". 2 questions, 1. How come the rest of Europe manage to have an effective police force with EU legislation and 2. Why are the governement still listening to the huge minority of do-gooders and bleeding heart liberals?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Why are the governement still listening to the huge minority of do-gooders and bleeding heart liberals?

I presume it is because they are all Sons of Onan who have never had to earn their living with a proper, honest job and are divorced and insulated from the reality of the decisions they make which affect everyone else's lives

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!