free hit
counters
This is a joke, right? - Page 5 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

This is a joke, right?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, Swizzy has asked his fans to vote in our poll...

http://twitter.com/#...!/THEREALSWIZZZ

post-1-0-13210000-1313747971.jpg

Not sure the result will reflect the views of Lotus owners and enthusiasts any more, perhaps it will reflect the thoughts of his fans though! He's got 660,000+ followers, this could swing it in his favour! :lol:

Well that ezplains the 89 votes for him

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Whether you think it a good cause or not, it is quite a polar debate, and there are plenty of rich people who enjoy bloodsports. Lotus do not need to pick sides in a debate such as this, so should not (in my opinion) pick celebs with this type of pet project.

The 'Vote 5' campaign is now on Swizzworld!

http://swizzworld.co...beatz-getready/

post-1-0-47280300-1313843855.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Shouldn't Lotus be aligning themselves with famous and influential British people (as they seem to be making a big point of using the Union Jack)?

Having Prince Harry driving around in an Exige perhaps?

Having a royal warrant didnt hurt Reliant , Aston-Martin, Land Rover or Jaguar, Prince Michael of Kent owned an Esprit though I think.

Clive Owen or even Jason Statham in Evora S's?

Anybody else got any good ideas?

Edited by billy fish
SUNP0003-1.jpg

Shouldn't Lotus be aligning themselves with famous and influential British people (as they seem to be making a big point of using the Union Jack)?

Agreed. I don't understand why they don't play the 'British Ferrari' card and make the most of a heritage on and off track that most manufacturers can only dream of.

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

They should play the performance car builders card instead they play the gold chain, no belt hangin off your ass oversized jeans, flat brimed to the side fools card....

I've never seen one of these fools in the canyons in any car...... You'd have to be able to go just a bit faster than drive by speed....

Maybe Swizzle would like to come for a cruise in the canyons..?

I think it's fast enough…maybe

I would think that if all the hip-hop artists were to trade in their Bentleys for Evoras, Lotus would be very happy. Not sure about the royal warrant thing. Prince Charles buying a DB6 didn't keep the company in profit. Reliant is gone. Land Rover and Jaguar are now Indian-owned and have survived by making good products. I certainly never think of any royalty when I see one.

I'm no marketeer nor hip-hop/rap fan but I think that a lot of the comments on here show a huge prejudice against such fans. Basically, the message I've got from them is that Rap fans are unemployed, stupid wasters who will never have any money. However, it is the current music choice of much of the youth, i.e. below 30, so it covers a large swath of the public.

I don't know this guy and his title seems a bit grand for a consultant but it may work. Certainly having the Evora in the Alicia Keys video and the new Esprit on that web site linked to above do no harm to the marque at all. Currently, the biggest challenge for Lotus is keeping alive and keeping in the public's eye until the new models come on stream and this should help. No idea if it's value for money or not, though.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Whilst I may not fully understand the reasons behind Mr Swizz's recent engagement, is this purely a case of getting Lotus exposure as an aspirational choice similar to Bentley, Ferrari etc which tend to get flashed about in music videos. It would probably put me off to be honest as I prefer the association with the Lotus history/perfomance by innovative design rather than the Ferrari/Bentley more "loadsamoney" image, but maybe the thinking is the image does need to be more expensive if people are going to be willing to spend so much more on the newer models.

As the next Esprit is not due for a few more years this could be the first step in trying to make Lotus acceptably more expensive as they try to get them associated with very wealthy people. May be utter codswallop but there must(?) be some rational thinking behind it. I'd rather not think this is Emperors new clothes style issue.

Caveat - I know nothing about branding!

Edited by Wilf

Well Mr Beatz has persuaded one of his followers to offer a deposit for a new esprit.

$5.

Dealer will be over the moon, no doubt.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

The 'Vote 5' campaign is now on Swizzworld!

http://swizzworld.co...beatz-getready/

post-1-0-47280300-1313843855.jpg

And the links to lotuscars.com on the swizzworld site are interesting. Can't wait to see the stats on those hits. :unsure:

Clive Owen or even Jason Statham in Evora S's?

Anybody else got any good ideas?

Yeah, baby! Jason Statham in Transporter 4 driving a GTE Evora. Then Transporter 7 in a 2015 Esprit. No one can spank a vehicle and make it bad a$$ than Mr. Crank himself. Pity they'd be trashed by the end. :yes:

I'm no marketeer nor hip-hop/rap fan but I think that a lot of the comments on here show a huge prejudice against such fans. Basically, the message I've got from them is that Rap fans are unemployed, stupid wasters who will never have any money. However, it is the current music choice of much of the youth, i.e. below 30, so it covers a large swath of the public.

I dunno Trevor, I call it the way I see it according to the image the hip-hop/rapper/gansta types are pushing out while I quickly channel surf past MTV like channels. "Booty sweat" seems on the mild side to about par of what I've seen.. Racially I'm color blind on people in general, but the lifestyle that seems to be pushed in those videos with macho gansta men with bling hung around their necks surrounded by subservient ho types to do their beckoned call is not the image I would be warming up to. To each their own, but it seems to me to be glorifying pimp/drug-dealer riches and denigration of women. If we're going to stray from the obvious like Mario Andretti race car driver types I'd rather see a positive image like Troy Polamalu for Head and Shoulders, but maybe that's just me.

-Bob

Edited by comem47

How charming...

post-6978-0-92701700-1313934671.jpg

FYI, I'm pretty sure Swizz holds the land speed record for mentioning the most products in a single song, including Lotus, in the lyrics to "Everyday," which is some sort of achievement, I guess. 'Course he also mentions Audi, but don't let that bother you.

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

McLaren better get their act together if they want to sell a few MP4-12C's... all they ever talk about is their reputation for world class engineering and a phenomenal track record in Formula One. :unworthy:

Edited by Stirling_Villeneuve

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

McLaren better get their act together if they want to sell a few MP4-12C's... all they ever talk about is their reputation for world class engineering and a phenomenal track record in Formula One. :unworthy:

So True, I hear Ron is really worried about Lotus and there "celebs"

Would Lotus not be better aligning with someone like Patrick Grant at Norton & Sons. That would be more like the tie up Range Rover have had with Holland & Holland in the past

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Yeah, baby! Jason Statham in Transporter 4 driving a GTE Evora. Then Transporter 7 in a 2015 Esprit. No one can spank a vehicle and make it bad a$$ than Mr. Crank himself. Pity they'd be trashed by the end. :yes:

+1 on that. A brit showing off what the car can do rather than a yank talking about how good he is because he has one.

So, Swizzy has asked his fans to vote in our poll...

http://twitter.com/#...!/THEREALSWIZZZ

post-1-0-13210000-1313747971.jpg

Not sure the result will reflect the views of Lotus owners and enthusiasts any more, perhaps it will reflect the thoughts of his fans though! He's got 660,000+ followers, this could swing it in his favour! :lol:

660,000 followers

126 votes

he knows how to mobilise his people!

A command of the English language does not seem to be a prerequisite.

It’s showtime!

[Hook]

Everyday, they ask how I’m doin

Deuces up playboy I’m coolin

I’m coolin

I’m coolin coolin, I’m coolin coolin

I’m just coolin

I’m coolin coolin, I’m coolin coolin

Everyday, they ask how I’m feelin

You see the ounces playboy I’m chillin

I’m chillin

I’m chillin chillin, I’m chillin chillin

I’m just chillin

I’m chillin chillin, I’m chillin chillin

[Verse 1 - Swizz Beatz]

I got my Balmain on

Plus my Louis on

I got my Christian on

Boy I get this on

You see me ridin Lotus and my top b-tch gone

The interior butter like popcorn

She got on Givenchy, she fresh like me

Everytime she go shoppin Alexander McQueen

I mean, we just coolin on a Sunday

Can’t wait to ball out on Monday

[Hook]

[Verse 2]

My Jaeger-LeCoultre is out ya culture

The hoods on fire man them boys is vultures

We are family la kostra nostra

Go through up and downs like a roller coaster

Ay! Got my cavi- with them gators on ‘em

I’m in the studio fogging with some faders on em

And this beat is my entree

I’m Audi three thousand, Andre

[Hook]

[Verse 3 - Eve]

Evey E, I’m back on my bullsh-t

Came back, came back, back with a full clip

Who want problem, wah- wah- wah-, who want flip

Gun taste, one lick, wanna get some of this

You see that hot pink Birken, that’s a problem

I’m hot like everything kickin I’m a problem

Yeah, I’m a walking bow

You might talk a lil one but ya looks are oh

[Hook]

[Outro - Swizz Beatz]

Do ya dance now (x4)

Hit the floor now

Do ya dance now (x2)

Get down now (x4)

Lets work now (x4)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.