free hit
counters
Matt Monett's 512 rwhp/430 lbft tq Esprit V8! - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
2003 V8 TT

Matt Monett's 512 rwhp/430 lbft tq Esprit V8!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Negative, Mike. I wish!

Just came across this information, and was proud to see a V8 pull those numbers on this side of the shore. It most certainly makes me want to add all those mods...wonder if this is true of our turbos:

The stock T-25 turbos AKA

Negative, Mike.  I wish!

Just came across this information, and was proud to see a V8 pull those numbers on this side of the shore.  It most certainly makes me want to add all those mods...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There has been quite a bit of discussion about Matt's car and the power it has made. Concensus was that the engine and gearbox would be very shortlived at this level of power. (longevity seems to be a problem for these engines even with mild or no power increases) Last we heard the car was offered for sale. We are very interested to hear how the car holds up, and what the weakest link turns out to be. Personally, Matt seems like a sharp guy and I like his approach to tuning, I was dissappointed to hear he was selling his car.

Incidentally, I have Matt's turbos and water injection on my car. Same ECU also. It has made a huge difference. Nonetheless, I have been afraid to take the car beyond 15psi, for fear of missing a single day of the driving season. I will likely get more bold later in the season or perhaps for a dyno pass. Based on a races with dynoed cars here, I estimate I am producing roughly 400hp at the wheels at 15psi. It is strong, but I definitley need more.

Regards,

Rod

There has been quite a bit of discussion about Matt's car and the power it has made.  Concensus was that the engine and gearbox would be very shortlived at this level of power.  (longevity seems to be a problem for these engines even with mild or no power increases)  Last we heard the car was offered for sale.  We are very interested to hear how the car holds up, and what the weakest link turns out to be.  Personally, Matt seems like a sharp guy and I like his approach to tuning, I was dissappointed to hear he was selling his car.

Incidentally, I have Matt's turbos and water injection on my car.  Same ECU also.  It has made a huge difference.  Nonetheless, I have been afraid to take the car beyond 15psi, for fear of missing a single day of the driving season.  I will likely get more bold later in the season or perhaps for a dyno pass.  Based on a races with dynoed cars here, I estimate I am producing roughly 400hp at the wheels at 15psi.  It is strong, but I definitley need more.

Regards,

Rod

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the thoughtful feedback, Rod. I heard the vehicle was offered at $55k USD. Wonder if it ever sold.

Thanks for the thoughtful feedback, Rod.  I heard the vehicle was offered at $55k USD.  Wonder if it ever sold.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I still have the car, and it is still running tip top. The car is still for sale, but I still drive it. It is a VERY fun car to drive.

I have been occupied with other things, my Dodge Stealth sed a new world record for a stealth/3000gt running a [email protected] (and did it at 3600ft!). Blowing away the old record of [email protected]

And By the way I did it on a STOCK mitu short block.

Vid of the pass (right click, and "save as")

http://www.racingsouthwest.com/~buffhomer/matt973.wmv

Time Slip

http://www.dynamicracing.com/uploads/973.JPG

Edited by FastMatt