free hit
counters
S3 Tool kit components - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I'm trying to make up a correct tool kit for my 1983 S3 but although I have the drawing and list from the parts manual I don't know which brand the tools are. I'd be very grateful if someone could help me or post a photo of their original kit.

Many thanks,

Si

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WausauLotus

The brand is "King Dick" and consists of three opened boxwrenchs "spanner" a pair of pliers, a phillips screw driver and 2 sockets (spark plugs and lug nut) with a manual driver and extension. As tight as my lug nuts are I would never get them off with this tool set, unless I also had a 3 foot "cheater bar"

Dave

Cmon guys .....that little set will hardly help on a decent run.

You need at least 3 screwdrivers ,a set of sockets from 8 - 19 with extensions and ratchet.Pliers and side cutters Most valuable would be a vice grip .Plug spanner ,cloth ,tyre weld (aerosol) and anything else you would deem as important.

I am considering getting one of those "skinny" wheels as a spare for space saving as you can not go fast on the spare anyway.

BTW seeing as though you have posted a pic of the "toolset" have you perhaps got a pic of the jack as it is difficult to figure out how you jack up without making a plan.

Richard

Technically sound ...Theoretically poked !

Hmmm, since Adam has the rolled kit (and I think his car is two months older than mine), I almost wonder if what I've got is not original...but then the riveted-in fixtures in my car for the hold-down strap seem to be made for the boxed set...perhaps the OE spec for the kit changed, or it was one of those cases of use-what's-in-the-parts-bin-today?

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

• 1 month later...

Thank you all for your help, particularly Dave for the pictures and the news they are King Dick tools. I can now start putting together an original set. I know it will be of limited practical use but the originality sickness still has a hold on me.

Thanks again,

Si