free hit
counters
paint code for 2002 v8 - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi

I want to get the wheels on my 2002 v8 refurbished. A local company who have a good reputation for the work quality tell me that the paint code I gave them is no longer available.

AKZO NOBEL

7E85305 silver

6880302 black

5K20023 clear

They are familiar with and use AKZO NOBEL paints but the supplier they use say the codes are obsolete

Has anyone come across this and if so is there a new set of replacement codes.

I want to keep the wheels original and so would appreciate any help with the paint codes

Thanks

Chris

• 4 months later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Just an update on the paint code question.

The paint codes mentioned are good ( from LEW )

The wheel refurbish companys mostly use powder coating method. Akzo Nobel do supply the powder for this process but the OZ wheels are treated with "wet" paint, which is what the paint codes refer to.

Regards

Chris

you can scan the rims with a color-code scanner, to get a matching (wet) paint reference from different (or even original) paint-manufacturer.. -have done this with my S350 OZ-magnesios (endet up with a Lancia paint that was used on the refurbish prior to the sale to me, and the touch up bought was a really good match)

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

• 2 years later...

Hi

Just an update on the paint code question.

The paint codes mentioned are good ( from LEW )

The wheel refurbish companys mostly use powder coating method. Akzo Nobel do supply the powder for this process but the OZ wheels are treated with "wet" paint, which is what the paint codes refer to.

Regards

Chris

Hi Chris, Hope you are well and enjoyed your Route 66 trip. How did you get on refurbishing your wheels and can you remember the paint codes used? I am about to put my car in to have it detailed and the get the wheels refurbished so any info would be useful. Brian