free hit
counters
Devils Punch Bowl Hindhead (and tunnel) , 18th September 2010 - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Devils Punch Bowl Hindhead (and tunnel) , 18th September 2010

Sparky

• Gold FFM

Greetings

About time we made an honest meet of this, so it's going to occur 3rd Sunday each month.

Arrive for 0900, as that's when they open to serve hot beverages and bacon sarnies etc.

It's a popular venue for enthusiasts of varying numbers of wheels, and always a nice drive.

Next meet 18 September!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Devils+Punchbowl+hindhead&hl=en&ll=51.114138,-0.740376&spn=0.012716,0.043945&sll=51.114946,-0.706215&sspn=0.05345,0.110378&vpsrc=0&t=m&z=15

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

See you there :)

(PS I've added the RSVP option to the event so people can express an interest in their attendance there, cool eh :))

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Sparky just a thought, as the Tunnel at Hindhead is now open and there is a cafe at the Devils punch bowel Hindhead how about a tunnel run and stop at the Devils Punch Bowl? From the North heading south bound, you have to go though the tunnel then pull off straight after to get back to Hindhead.

The only negative is the £3 parking charge by the National Trust by the cafe. Its a smart place and they serve breakfast as well as all the usual stuff.

Maybe alternate between Hindhead and Newlands every other month?

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

• Gold FFM

Yeah, why not? Maybe we can alternate.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, can anyone tell me if this is still on and where? Hindhead or Newlands Corner? Might be able to make this with two other G cars on Sunday. That if I get mine through the MOT this friday after two years off the road, and a few added upgrades........

The need for speed can be found with a Lotus

• Gold FFM

Still on!

Let's take Cliff's suggestion and do the Devil's Punchbowl this time. Time to start a list...

1. Sparky

1. Sparky

2. Bibs - Will pop in on my way to the Revival. Where's the Devils Punch Bowl then?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

want to get there but cant promise.

If you are coming from guildford direction (south bound) on the A3. Go through the tunnel and as you exit immediatly take the hazel grove exit to Hindhead / Bramshott. At the top go right over the A3 then at the roundabout follow the signs to Hindhead. (note dont rejoin the A3 by mistake) . At the traffic lights at hindhead village go straight over passing the Devils Punch Bowl hotel on the right the national trust car park and cafe is then on the left.

If you are coming from Portsmouth (north bound) then exit before the tunnel and follow the signs as above. If you want to go through the tunnel then there is an exit for Thursley about a mile or so north of the tunnel where you can come back over the A3 and get back to the tunnel.

The problem is its so new google etc haven't caught up yet .

See link to Highways web site which shows a basic map

http://www.highways....jects/3834.aspx

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

:censored: I'd crossed posted this on SELOC and have a few people signed up .... for a meet at Newlands Corner! Looks like you've changed the venue since I logged on here last night. I've got a family commitment that means I can't go much further than Newlands in order to be back home in time, so we'll do our own thing at Newlands this time and see you guys at the October meet :(

• Gold FFM

Sorry, Tom. Since this is very lightly subscribed I propose to do a 'recce' of the Punchbowl, arriving around 0830-0845 and not hanging around long, then on to Newlands Corner - so should get there in plenty of time to meet up!

About 5 signed up on SELOC but there are often extras and (hangover induced) no shows. Been torrential rain today but if it is sunny first thing as per forecast there may be some more. Will be there till about 10.30.

Was up for this but have now spent an hour on maps and streetview but still don't have a clue where it is!!! Hard place for people to find if it's not on any maps, the sites own web pages don't have map links, and the best we have is a map taken from orbit of the general area before the road into it even exsisted. Would make a great easter egg hunt thingy mind.

:D

It's a big commitment for me as in 30 minutes time i'll have to decide to:

A, Stay in on a saturday and be road legal for a meet tomorrow.

Or

B, Wander up the pub but not be able to drive at that time in the morning.

:huh:

Is this it????

Capture.jpg

Capture4.jpg

Think i've just spent longer on streetview and maps than it would have taken to drive there!

Am i right?

Cliff has put directions in post 13 mate...

Evora NA

Evora NA

• Gold FFM

Sorry guys - my 18-month run of mayhem continues. Tracy's in serious pain, necessitating an emergency appointment with a 24-hour dentist in Central London. I very much doubt I'll get much sleep tonight, so it's odds-on I won't be there.

• Gold FFM

Well, Tracy's got less teeth, and I'm several hours' sleep and £600 lighter. :(

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.