free hit
counters
Emma Peel.... - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Emma Peel....

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere it was a one off colour, ( the car not the jogging suit ), seems odd Lotus didn't cash in on it and offer that as an option. I had one of these back in the day... 20+ years later I bought the real thing, maybe Swizz is thinking long term? :smoke:

corgi318a.jpg

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

The Elan was also in black and white - it turned colour the same time as everything else!

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

It was shown in monochrome in the UK, but made in colour ( or color!) for sale to the American market, where they had the NTSC system (Never Twice the Same Color)!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Diana Rigg, what a sexy English Rose!!!

The Blue Elan she drove in the Avengers , ended up at the "Cars of the Stars" museum in Keswick , which is now closed.

The Elan and most of the other iconic Lotuses, the Bond Esprits, the Prisoner 7 etc are all on their way to Florida .

Apparently the new Lotus management were messing around trying to figure out whether to buy them for the proposed Lotus Museum at the factory, but the museum owner decided not to sell to them (to Lotus anyways) in the end.

SUNP0003-1.jpg

Apparently the new Lotus management were messing around trying to figure out whether to buy them for the proposed Lotus Museum at the factory, but the museum owner decided not to sell to them (to Lotus anyways) in the end.

At least we've been spared exhibit descriptions such as...

"Check out da booty sweat on dis Lotus bi-atch" :dj:

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

i was named after Tara King :)

and i love and want a Europa ...brainwashed at birth

How cool is that! :thumbup:

It was a JPS Europa parked up outside my workplace in '84 that started my Lotus obsession.... never did buy a Europa though!

Basically product placement...

Bond would be amazing for Lotus, it's a global franchise and once a car's in a movie like that it's immortalised. It costs a serious money, but then so does sponsoring an F1, or IndyCars, or Sportscar Racing or hiring a rapper.

I think the new Esprit has to be in Bond, no question :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

My sister was named after Emma Peel. My name came from the Thunderbirds, apparently… I guess that's what you get when your parents were children of the 60's!

Scott

You were lucky ...at least they didn't name you ' kyrano '....

I named my son Beaudi ( after bodie from ' the professionals ')

I wonder if he will drive a Ford Capri Mark III 3.0S when he is older ?

Wasn't the Avengers shown in black and white in those days? If so, why the special colour?

The first series with Emma was in B&W but the second was shot in colour

i was named after Tara King :)

and i love and want a Europa ...brainwashed at birth

She also drove a red Elan+2 in one episode of that series

The first series Diana Rigg did in 1965 was black and white, and in that series she drove a white Elan, then they moved to colour for the 1966 series and she had the metalic blue car. The Avengers is great for classic car watching, the 66 season even had a GT40 as a villans car in the episode "From Venus With Love"! Diana Rigg was my first crush when I was 5.

I should think Aston Martin have the Bond contract well sorted for the next film.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

My understanding is that the next film has been in limbo for years due to financial problems. Which car maker can offer more placement-cash?

Apparently it's still in pre-production with a possible release date sometime in 2012. It would be money well spent, I could think of plenty of worse things to throw promotional money at... :sofa: