free hit
counters
3 new cars for Frankfurt - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
TLF News

3 new cars for Frankfurt

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Brilliant news. First Gordon Murray joining now a load of new cars and editions that it looks like you can actually order and buy. Things are looking up. 444ps - I think I need a test drive of the Evora GTE ASAP.

So, 3 new cars, 2 new options AND 1 special limited edition!

So in addition to the supercharged Elise, my guess for the other two then are Exige V6 and Exige rally car :B)

The Evora S IPS i guess was expected, but didn't see a auto, be it a robotised manual, for the Elise coming.

Also, have I understood it correctly that the Evora GTE they are showing is not the Road car concept already shown, but an actual road car with 444PS (which is what, 430 something bhp??) Any word on a price for this??

Anyone going to Frankfurt with a camera?

My Brother is filming the unveiling of them.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Read the intro, TLF are there on press day so you'll have the story and pics the very morning it happens!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Ah, sorry Bibs, missed that bit in the hurry to read it.

Excellent anyway, looking forward to the 13th.

Press conference is at 9am, I hope to have the story and images published by 10.30am, just like Geneva :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

Press conference is at 9am, I hope to have the story and images published by 10.30am, just like Geneva :)

10.29.... :coffee:

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

Luuuuurve the GTE.

Surely the others are just additions to existing models?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

GTE brilliant. Will be interesting to know the cost.

Elise 'automatic' - interesting and much lighter than double clutch solution I'd think. Not my sort of thing but I know others sell mostly this type of car.

Elise S - I wonder how much better than the SC it will be

(presumably) Exige V6 and rally. Interesting to find out what level tune it will be in.

Overall, hopefully this will quieten much of the 'what have they delivered' noises. As a demonstration of intent (with the 2012 Evora quality changes) they really need to get it right. I guess these are the last changes (apart from a convertible Evora) before the Esprit is shown so they really need to be showing they can build well-built machines that have decent appeal.

Don't forget the Evora S IPS too :)

Evora NA

Overall, hopefully this will quieten much of the 'what have they delivered' noises.

I think you'll find that is all about the 5 new cars revealed at Paris. For me it has nothing to do with new models of existing vehicles brought out/developed by previous teams.

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

So, 3 new cars, 2 new options AND 1 special limited edition!

So in addition to the supercharged Elise, my guess for the other two then are Exige V6 and Exige rally car :B)

The Evora S IPS i guess was expected, but didn't see a auto, be it a robotised manual, for the Elise coming.

Also, have I understood it correctly that the Evora GTE they are showing is not the Road car concept already shown, but an actual road car with 444PS (which is what, 430 something bhp??) Any word on a price for this??

Anyone going to Frankfurt with a camera?

i think it will be 6 figures +

Here for a good time, not a long time

Based on the blurb in the article, it has to be based on existing cars doesn't it Tony?

I suppose, based on the new era designs, the existing designs have got a used by date that is fast approaching, but the cost of scrapping all the tooling and systems? Has Lotus got the money to do that? Does the advisory council (aka Gordon Murray cos I don't know anyone else on it) have a say in how quickly a model should meet it's end?

Surely DB isn't stoopid enough to scrap everything that came before him?

Is he?...

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Bumpersticker2.jpg

What it strikes me is that Lotus are communicating that they do have a product plan to evolve existing models whilst the new ones are introduced. I wouldn't be surprised if the existing Elise / Exige survive until the new models arrive (2015?). I am in no doubt that the foundations and probably a lot more of these cars were built by the previous team.

My point is that there have been times when we haven't known that there was a product plan to cover for the time until new designs were launched. After the old 1.8 engine was phased out it didn't look great. There must have been a reason for the delay (my guess to link to new cars, even if just in elements like quality).

And Bibs, yes I did see the auto Evora. I understand that these things are important for revenue, I just can't get excited by any form of non-manual car. My stance does mean that the interesting cars are getting thinner on the ground.

Uh, flat black is so three yrs. ago. To offer a color that can't be cleaned or touched up is totaly brain dead....

If the carbon fiber is not a dry lay up the wet carbon fiber is no lighter then proper wet fiberglass.... Why pay dry carbon fiber prices.?

I think most Lotus owners of the Elise/Exige know this.... Lotus shouldn't use the mention of "carbon fiber" as a sales tool when it is really not being used for lightness..

I think it's fast enough…maybe

Fortunately, someone at GL is still putting out some badass cars despite the hip-hop distractions. Keep 'em focused, Guy! :lol:

love%20icecream.gif

77 Esprit S1

Rebirth in progress

"the $6 m. car!, we can rebuild it, better, stronger,.....faster!"

94 RX7 R2, Mazdaspeed bits

2016 NB Focus RS

1944 Willys MB rescue

This is good, no this is more than that this is great!

GTE for Europe is awesome, I have to talk to a friend of mine who was thinking of a GT3 rs ( the lucky brat) and now has a better option.This car should be considered as Batman discreet ride!

A new 1.8 Supercharged for Elise is better than good, a 1.6 SPS is very good for all the drivers who are stuck in traffic in L.A 5 days a week and still want to have fun on week ends on Californian back country roads.

Uh wait! They've received 114 orders for the GTE from China alone! I thought they could not sell more than 300 cars in China in 2011 because of China import and sales rules. So how many cars has Lotus been selling in china lately? I knew China would become a big market for lotus but at this pace they are overtaking both France and Germany for 3 rd most important Lotus market!

With the Evora, the Evora S, the Elise and Elise S, the big Exige and IPS and SPS options for all these cars... I think 5000 cars sold in 2012 are a given! The Elise 1.8 S should return to North America along with the big Exige next year! The expanded dealer network should start paying off too so well done to every body at Lotus !

Edited by NedaSay

Lotus have put a few more pics of the Evora GTE up on their FB page.

Really like it, even the spoiler is growing on me. But then again, I guess it is nice to see Lotus upholding their tradition of spoliers that completely block the rear view mirror :lol:

309903_242125425831910_135849009792886_762059_4219845_n.jpg

299463_242125392498580_135849009792886_762058_6961075_n.jpg

307728_242125479165238_135849009792886_762060_172793_n.jpg

I'm not sure about it... the more I see the more I think 'Impreza', or maybe more muscle car type styling. I've always preferred the purer looks, Esprit S2 n/a as opposed to the Turbo etc. I can't imagine sticking a snow plough on the front of an Evora does a lot for it's aero either.

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

Come on for more than the price of the new Esprit you would buy a body kit Evora...? :rofl:

I think it's fast enough…maybe

Am I missing something? Where is the price displayed and is it only body kit or is there more to it than that? And until we see a concrete price for the new esprit, I'll bet a fat rats ar$e the espri will cost more. :yes:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Bumpersticker2.jpg

I know the price of the car and it's less than the Esprit is expected to be. As for the bodykit comment, have one back :rofl:

Evora NA

How much less than the Esprit? It would seem insane to ask more than say £20k more than the current top spec Evora unless its really really fast (and how much faster do you get than 4.6 secs?)