free hit
counters
Another one bites the dust - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Another one bites the dust

Lotus are giving away another Evora to another charity. Just so you know.

Well done Gino, another great PR coup for Lotus... :huh: I'm not publishing the story on the homepage.

http://www.lotuscars...mercury-evora-s

44479_26_1665_freddie-mercury-masthead.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it looks pruty to me! Not sure how its Freddy inspired but hey ho all for a good cause...that is raisng the brand in London town.

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that!

interior050811.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Well it's certainly not worse looking than the Naomi version :sick:

What is interesting though is that this is probably the first look on the interior improvements.

I like the black aliminium bits and buttons (may perhaps even improve the visibility of what buttons are pressed) and the new leather inserts and piping look quite good as well (ghastly colours ignored).

Picture the scene, early morning, the night after, tie in pocket, unshaven, content of stomach still in the stomach, then you open the door and get into that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :sick:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

I threw up in my mouth. And read the press release with all the higlighted QUeen tracks....no wait...someone couldn't sqeeze more than a few in and then thinks its funny to add in GA GA and Radio.....

Please don't try your hand at PR Gino.....infact the whole press release seems to point toward a new car being destroyed by fire or poor design....oh wait...it looks hideous. You're right, another lovely car has bitten the dust!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

The corniest PR piece I have ever read. However at least Brian May now has a Lotus link and we can stop scratching our heads at that one.

This has not rocked me.

Now looking forward to solving the Baldwin link, with the Baldwin family edition of Evoras.....a set of four cars which most people have sort of heard of but get them mixed up with one another, and they only do mildly well in their chosen field and only appear in B list events.

Yuk. And I thought I would like all Lotus cars. Not this one thanks very much!

Though this be madness yet there is method in it ( Polonius in William Shakespeare's Hamlet)

Is it true that Lotus were once "Champions of The World" ?.....

And now we need a Urban Farming Lotus... and an old sailors special edition......

Now do you think your thighs will burn on the hot leather seats if you wear knickers like Fredy ?

Edited by ronin

I think it's fast enough…maybe

Honestly.... it's no worse than the classic red interior with green paint and a yellow stripe... I LOVE that look but let's face it that combo is total trainwreck on paper at least!

Ok, so it's scraping the barrel of plausibility but it's in a good cause and Lotus could probably do with one less Evora in the car park! Good luck to whoever buys it.

ps At least it doesn't have moustache! :rambo:busted%20cop.gif:zorro::pirate:

pps Although you CAN buy one!!!

http://www.bandstores.co.uk/shop/freddieforaday/proddetail.php?prod=32860704

Excellent, someone has a sense of humour!

Edited by Stirling_Villeneuve

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

Evora NA

....or the "Val Doonican", available in forty shades of green. with built-in pullover hooks, pipe rack and drivers seat with integral rocking motion. What car would that be now ? I have to say, I never knew just what it was and I guess I never will.

Anyone know how much this went for?

Evora NA

£1.50 and a stick of gum.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

There was a nice picture taken at the event of Freddies Mother standing next to the car, reminded you he was actually a human being, a son to his parents, a brother to his sister, a real person. Not a made up cartoon character. Not sure how much it went for but it was for a very good cause.

124001633_DH_9933_785F1A12A15F3F9661904A5E3ADBCBDD005.jpg

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Chris Evans bought the car, £60k! :D

Evora NA

Ah! Wondered if he did as he was picyured at the event with his wife.

Amateurs built the Ark

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• 3 weeks later...

Am I blind or is DB not in a PR shot for the company?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

He was out the back laying down some "Fat beats" with swizzy

Amateurs built the Ark