free hit
counters
13. Italian GP - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
TLF News

13. Italian GP

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

What a brilliant race.Special accolades (my personal) go to three people;

1.Senna...brilliant driving .

2.Button .....always using his head.

3.Schumacer ...getting there at last

My "sorry for you" goes to two people

1.Hamilton ....just because you have a better car does not mean youre a better driver.

2.Petrov ...sometimes its just not your day ..hard luck (really i mean it)

Technically sound ...Theoretically poked !

3.Schumacer ...getting there at last

Surely you mean...

3. Schumacher ... getting back to the same dirty tricks and once again the stewards turned a blind eye. :whistle:

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

:rambo:

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Surely you mean...

3. Schumacher ... getting back to the same dirty tricks and once again the stewards turned a blind eye. :whistle:

I'm glad someone said what i was thinking!! Not a fan :thumbdown:

Aimee Mitchell

[email protected]

You can now now follow us on Facebook and Twitter;

www.facebook.com/LotusSilverstone | www.twitter.com/LotusUKDealer | www.twitter.com/aimsomitch

It was shocking that he didn't get a drive through for that...

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

He got away with it because he "let him past", anyone else would have had a drive through regardless....

(Makes me think of Hamiltons Ali G comment a few races back)

Aimee Mitchell

[email protected]

You can now now follow us on Facebook and Twitter;

www.facebook.com/LotusSilverstone | www.twitter.com/LotusUKDealer | www.twitter.com/aimsomitch

You must understand that he was racing .What you would have liked to see is that Schumi let him pass as if you were on a motorway.

Why should he define his line according to a guy who can only slipstream him ?

Furthermore if he chooses a line on the track who is anyone to argue with him at 300km/h

It is very easy for anyone to judge until they are sitting in the seat and you have to try abide by a "rule' and or the interpretation thereof .Remember that when requested by Braun to choose one line ,that was what he conceded to eventually .

Wouldnt want Hamilton on my rear ,especially with his knocking people all over the track this season already.Then again he knocked them all according to the rules ....so that comment should be unfair?

I digress ....Senna has proved his worth and can only do justice for the team.

Tony needs to do something about the team...would have expected at least a top tenner by now.

The rules are clear. On the BBC, they even got the rule book and read out the specific rule that he was breaking. That rule is there for safety, it took the team principle on the radio to remind him of it, twice.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

What Schumacher did was on the borderline of being wrong. I don't think he did anything wrong, the squeeze was a bit naughty.

Bibs, the only reason I think he got away with it is because of Ross getting on the radio and telling him to stop it.

But things would have been different if it was the other way round!

But it was great to see Mercedes near the front, and they would have had a great race if Rosberg hadn't been taken out.

What is the difference between an overtake and a crash? An overtake is a crash that never happened!

Thats the thing about motor racing...........can you imagine taking the chicane bend and being swiped from the side ! Thank goodness for the neck brace !

Say it whichever way though ....all the guys racing are the cream of the crop and i dont think any of them intend to knock another out ,especially at the high speeds .

It is very different sitting in our armchairs racing at 330km/h and sitting in a car at that speed.

I have been priveledged to have travelled in a car at 280 km/h ,on a track and i can only imagine the respect these guys have for the speeds they do .

Hamiltons done worse weaving in the past without penalty. Why no mention of Alonso pushing Vettel onto the grass?

I don't think Alonso was totally aware of Vettel's very quick attack at that precise moment. Any "pushing" on Alonso's part (looked to me like he was merely holding his line) would have been unintentional. He's not that kind of guy. Nonetheless, it was refreshing to see (once again) Vettel's ability to treat the somewhat dicey clearance of his pass with a sense of humour as he ribbed Alonso about the "lack of space" provided (during the post race interviews). Everytime I watch the podium antics and interviews, I have to wonder how the "dynamic" plays out off the track at the hotel pub. These fellows are modern day gladiators in close proximity to one another for long periods of time. Though fierce competitors, they are all professionals, and I suspect that their interpersonal relations (for better or worse) would fill a book. Even Prost was an avuncualr pallbearer at Senna's funeral, despite their well known antagonistic dueling diatribes.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

:rofl: Great "find," Stirling. :thumbup:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.