free hit
counters
The new Lotus V8 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Just spotted this on the Lotus facebook page

321646_248667031844416_135849009792886_785879_1387088609_n.jpg

Was apparently fired up 3 weeks ago :thumbup:

You can also see more of it in the vid from Frankfurt that Bibs took.

More here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=248667031844416&set=a.138919886152465.25793.135849009792886&type=1&theater#!/photo.php?fbid=248667031844416&set=a.138919886152465.25793.135849009792886&type=1&theater&pid=785879&id=135849009792886

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked Wolf Zimmermann about this at the MY12 Evora day and he grinned (unusual in itself!) and said that the engine has exceeded all expectations :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

It's never going to fit in with that big fan at the front :sofa:

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

There all going small to keep the weight down, Look at Mclarens one.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

It's dry sumped which helps with the size. Remember it's a stressed component too for inclusion in the LMP2 cars...

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

The wires look a little messy :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I'll be publishing my article in the morning once I've finished the research :)

Evora NA

I'm waiting for the Evora retrofit kit!

I posted that comment earlier this evening. Strange it disappeared - surely not "too sensitive"?! Have I stumbled on something?!

Or perhaps that I also made a reference to Facebook? Hmmm.........

Evora NA

I think I really need to see the new Esprit in the flesh, in all the pictures and videos it just doesn't look anything special :(

Glad the engines going to plan, would have been a better vid if it had just been a minute of revving up and down filled with pops bangs and flames....!

Chunky Lover

Glad the engines going to plan, would have been a better vid if it had just been a minute of revving up and down filled with pops bangs and flames....!

A few years back I had a tour of Mercedes F1 engine factory, they very kindly waited for us to make it over to the test bay before firing up an engine. Agreed, that's the sort of thing that gets the heart pounding the hand reaching for the chequebook! That said it's great seeing things are progressing... keep it up!

Edited by Stirling_Villeneuve

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

Three cheers for that...only an idiot would design an engine with rubber band driven camshafts. Hate them...nothing but trouble. As for the new engine...looks very promising, needs 150,000 miles under it's belt now.....and I think the term is "flat plane crankshaft", not "flat plate crankshft"?

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

A few years back I had a tour of Mercedes F1 engine factory,

We have an ex-student who now works at Mercedes high performance engines. He comes back to talk to current students on our Motorsport degree. Very interesting.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

History's "dustbin" has not always been kind to V4's.

Perhaps by 2015 sufficient attitudinal shifts will have occurred to go that route with the Elise, but for the moment I'm elated that the Esprit, at least, will be powered by a snarling in house V8, just as God intended it to be. :rambo:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

I was blessed with 3 weeks working at Williams back in 1994, sadly only a month or so after Senna my hero died.... :(

It was the best few weeks I can remember a d saw every inch of the factory including engine testing, crash testing at an official test facility and every aspect from the design prints, through manufacture, to final assembly and firing up the cars, even half built one of the museum cars that was heading for a show.... Tipped the oil rad all over myself and bust the one guys little snips using them on wire lock..... He asked me if he could borrow £20 and then said I wouldn't get it back cause I'd bust his best snips... Asshole! I was only 17.....!

Lots of very happy memories and a good few bits of memorabilia including a A0 poster of Ayrton Senna and Damon Hill unveiling then new engine and car for the year............ And..........

Signed by Ayrton himself.......

It's gotta be one of his last signatures before he died I'd guess and a massively treasured posetion, I've never had it valued against probably better advise to the contrary..

It's hanging in my house behind another poster of Ayrton produced for the factory in A0 which is a photo of his helmet side on with the caption "Unforgettable Ayrton"

I walk past him in my hall every day, a real god... My hero....

I was very privileged but only wish he was still alive at the time so I could have met him for real...

Chunky Lover

If HWA is one of the obstetricians of this new engine, it's going to be a success. It was the most important thing left for Lotus to become a serious car manufacturer with a secured future.

Can't wait to test drive the new Esprit

Mind if I cut in ?