free hit
counters
New Lotus Car Configurator - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

New Lotus Car Configurator

Whaddya think?

Richard Benjamin at Group Lotus has worked very hard on this which is a huge improvement over the last version, this one loads instantly whereas the last one was worthy of putting the kettle on. It's still in it's infancy with lots more features on the way (wheels/interiors etc) but for now...

http://configurator..../?widget=widget

:wub:

post-1-0-95410900-1316185796.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's it for now. As I said, it's new, pretty much launched today :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Ooops.... jumped the gun there, but yes it's a lot better and the look of the Evora in Racing Green is making me have impure thoughts! When can we expect details on trim etc? I'm not really sure what the difference between Bog Standard, Premium Posh and Sport Posh is.

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

I'm sure bigger images/more details will follow but for now...

http://www.thelotusforums.com/latest-news/lotus-cars-news/evora-reloaded/

Evora NA

Right now, not that impressed! I've seen better at Fiat and Renault.

You have to admit they have far less important options to consider... :B)

Shed Configurator

a) Italian

b) French

Edited by Stirling_Villeneuve

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

Guest surferphil

Not impressed, I cant seem to turn the car around 360 and the camera angles are not good. The Exige looks hideous and seems to be a cheap free hand illustration like the packaging for a Disney Cars toy, whilst the Elise and Evora are a marked improvement from the old configurator. Cars generally look airbrushed and not very real.

The metallic paints look flat and post colourised rather than realistic representations of what you get when you spend your money, the lack of realism undermines the purpose of the configurator to 'choose what you will get delivered'.

This is a well trodden path and looks cheap.

As a device for buying a car it fails.

The Evora and Elan I like. But none of you boys seems to worry about the black grille things on the front, has anyone driven one on the motorway in Summer? They're going to get full of insects aren't they?

"All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad."

~ Jeremy Clarkson (about the Lotus Esprit)

Nothing a jet wash can't get off!

Evora NA

• 1 month later...

Are they still working on this because it’s still not done yet? As mentioned early in this thread you can’t turn the cars around and there’s only 2 static views. Even worse when the old site had about 5 views for the cars so you could see the inside and how the interior colours and leather would work. I could understand if this wasn’t yet available for the new range but for the current range these are the things that would help any buyer choose a car!

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Guest surferphil

The whole configurator lacks the creative management required to really put Lotus into 'Premium Brand' Territory.

It comes across as a first attempt at reaching out from a cottage industry into the commercial mainstream.

I offered to help when MJK was on his own, but I don't think he was ready or understood what I was offering.

I think this is an RTT re selling of the Ferrari model for a lower budget; they are not a creative agency with the experience Lotus desperately need. The cars should look real and the camera angles less naive. Default Red looks too Ferrari, camera angles, lighting and rendering all need creative review as does the GUI. I doubt anything will change though which is a shame.

They need someone who understands the brand as well as the technology and what it is to operate a sales and marketing department competitively along side the other premium sports car brands. IMHO of course ;)

Edited by surferphil

When the new one

I'm sure bigger images/more details will follow but for now... http://www.thelotusforums.com/latest-news/lotus-cars-news/evora-reloaded/

I thought it was ok for a start but was expecting the functionallity would grow from there. Its been too long IMO should have been done by now and it does look quite bad if you ask me.

Buddsy

• 2 weeks later...

I think we all expect to be able to move the cars around 360 deg as a minimum now. Just being able to change the colour on a couple of images doesnt look great to me. From a company who's spending a lot of money upping their image I would have thought more could be done in bringing their web pressents up to date. I commented on anther topic they still havent really many pics of the new track. If it were me I would be wanting to tell the world!

Buddsy