free hit
counters
Gallardo SE and my Esprit - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Gallardo SE and my Esprit

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds burly B) Apparently someone was trying to make off with a nearby car eh? :D

Lime green is a great color for anything.

Anyways, I put my car's fate to the shop, who say it will be done thursday (they'll have kept it for nearly 2 weeks. Either they've been very busy or it's very complicated and expensive :))

So Paul's V8's on the road? Can't wait to see it :)

slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

TWO WHOLE WEEKS?!?! :)

Pussy! :o

This current trip to the mech's is about 2 weeks and will be the shortest time it has ever been in there!! Record is 18 months! :) :)

Superb video!! So funny :D

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Emailed it to dad, he'll love that.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

just spoke with my mechanic who said the car's done. Fish, I'd probably go crazy if I didn't have the car for that long. It's typically the only thing impressive or interesting about me :o

Had a coolant leak from the aluminum hose from the thermostat which was rubbing against the alternator apparently :( The bracket broke allowing it to do that... perhaps pulled off on one of the occasions where my engine fell out :lol: Piece was remachined because it is unobtainium. I'm actually happy about this because I was almost sure it was a water pump gone bad.

While it was there I had him check the running of the car and fix the stumbling that I've been complaining about, and adjusting the idle (even doing that on a Bosch FI car is too complicated (impossible) without special equipment), and while I (and wayne) suspected a wastegate, he says adjusting the timing was all that was needed to get it running well again. Can't wait to drive it and see, picking her up tommorow morning :o

Slade

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Gonzalo -- that video is hillarious! :lol:

At a former job, I had to park in a downtown garage, and just the idle and/or enough revs to get the car up the ramps was enough for the S1 to set off car alarms in the confined, echoing space (100% stock exhaust, too). My coworkers called the S1 the "Briggs & Stratton".

Slade -- nice to hear your car is happy again! Congrats!

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

My PB in an Esprit is 5 alarms in a row driving through Blackheath!

The stereo in my funny little blue car can set off alarms at 50 feet!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I love parking garages :(

though the NA cars and V8s do sound better. But still...

My favorite parking garage antic is driving under the barrier, subverting the toll booth guy :lol:

(Recieved strict warnings against it from UCR :o)

Slade

Guest Troy Halliday

Slade that would definately be worth a video clip :lol:

Blinding video ! I had forgoten to turm down the sound on my PC so the whole neighbourhood is proberblyup at the window checking their cars :o

I'm afraid I'm the reason they lowered the barrier :lol: can't do that anymore... I'm just REALLY glad I paid attention the day they lowered it three inches or so... just enough that I shouldn't have noticed if I wasn't so lucky, just enough that it would have smacked me :o

Slade

Errrrr, it was! It's now back at the "Car Spa" after turning into a 6 cylinder :lol::o Good job I kept the S4s :(

So Paul's V8's on the road? Can't wait to see it :o

slade

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Errrrr, it was!  It's now back at the "Car Spa" after turning into a 6 cylinder :lol::o  Good job I kept the S4s :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I saw it today when I was at Viking. :o

'03.5 Final Edition Esprit ~ 5.7lbs/hp

mildly modded - 430rwhp, 353rwtq

If you took it to the same car spa as me I'll see it tommorow anyway probably picking mine up then :lol: EDIT: And according to the above, it is.

Bad luck :( But yeah, good thing for that S4s, if you can still stand to be seen in it :o

Slade

Edited by slade

Gonzalo -- that video is hillarious!  :lol:

At a former job, I had to park in a downtown garage, and just the idle and/or enough revs to get the car up the ramps was enough for the S1 to set off car alarms in the confined, echoing space (100% stock exhaust, too).  My coworkers called the S1 the "Briggs & Stratton". 

Slade -- nice to hear your car is happy again!  Congrats!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks

:o:(:o

If you took it to the same car spa as me I'll see it tommorow anyway probably picking mine up then :lol:

Bad luck :( But yeah, good thing for that S4s, if you can still stand to be seen in it :o

Slade

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was yours at Viking?

yes! I hope they washed her now, she was pretty dingy when I took her in :lol:

slade

To be honest, I think the S4s is a much better car than the V8 (pains me to say it, but there you go). The previous owner of my S4s sold her as he'd also bought a V8, and to this day he still regrets that decision. I've invested too much in the V8 to sell it, so I guess I'll just keep both for now ...... Need to teach the future wifey to drive stick so she can drive the V8, and I have reason to keep the S4s :(

If you took it to the same car spa as me I'll see it tommorow anyway probably picking mine up then :lol: EDIT: And according to the above, it is.

Bad luck :o But yeah, good thing for that S4s, if you can still stand to be seen in it :o

Slade

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Glad to hear it :lol:

I'm sure your future stepson will be looking forward to getting his hands on whichever one you fancy less a few years down the road when he turns 16 too :o

slade

To be honest, I think the S4s is a much better car than the V8 (pains me to say it, but there you go).  The previous owner of my S4s sold her as he'd also bought a V8, and to this day he still regrets that decision.  I've invested too much in the V8 to sell it, so I guess I'll just keep both for now ......  Need to teach the future wifey to drive stick so she can drive the V8, and I have reason to keep the S4s :lol:

great decision paul! the one i was hoping for you to make since i have yet to see either of your gorgeous cars...

Shah

My Beautiful Car http://www.glcforum.com/ukesprit/forums/in...CODE=12&CID=182

ribbon200.gifProud to be a G-car ownerribbon200.gif