free hit
counters
Drivers side door always looking slightly 'open' by 5mm - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Drivers side door always looking slightly 'open' by 5mm

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has to be adjustable Benjamin. Can you imagine what you would say if you took it to a dealer and said the door doesn't shut properly and the service guy took out a 4" grinder? :lol:

I recall someone else talking about the plate that the screws go into as Dave has mentioned above.

You really don't want to be dropping that plate in there. :no

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

This all inspires great confidence guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So what, do i unscrew just the bottom screw and shift it over a fraction? ROFL at the grinder thing, ok yea thats funny....there must be another way. Why should it be adjustable though, this is a static part that should never need replacing or touching, the factory should have marked out where to put it PRECISELY! it should have ZERO need to be adjustable! this is a car that cost as much as my house 20 years ago!

Doesn't matter what it costs Benjamin. It's a car. You need the door to close further inward, so get a soft pencil and draw a line down the outer edge of the striker plate. Then you can move the plate the distance you need to based on how far the door is currently sticking out. Tighten it up and give it a try.

Easy :thumbsup:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

I had this - exactly this - I loosened the bolts and heard the plate etc. drop into the well below the fuel tank (I accessed via the hole underneath the tank using a magnet to retrieve and then took the covers off the tanks (the carpeted bits) to access and hold it in place whilst screwing it back on, this was bit of a nightmare! - so I would avoid it if possible - so just loosen the bolts a teenie bit and then you should be able to push if over - mine just needed adjustment and now it's done.