free hit
counters
Nordschleife pile-up! - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Nordschleife pile-up!

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tourist drivers do about 250.000 laps every year. After no deaths in 2009 and 2010 there were two dead in 2011.

Im not sure if that stat is correct. And remember if the person deis on route to hospital or in hospital its not classed as @ the track i believe.

Here for a good time, not a long time

Wouldn't matter whether they were told Roger, you've already said they were all questionable drivers except the ring taxi driver, who as Scotty C pointed out was the last driver to crash into the corvette and others.

Doesn't matter whether it is a public road as you call this (even though everyone is going in the same direction and no side streets) or a race track, any driver takes the risk of an accident if he/she approaches either his/her or their vehicles limits.

You, by your own admission, have even stated that you drive fast. Regularly. I doubt your esprit has had the luxury of being race prepared by professionals either. You, myself and any other driver on here is in exactly the same position as any of the drivers in this unfortunate incident.

I'll bet not one of these people pulled onto the 'ring thinking "Right, now as fast as we can go until we wreck and nearly kill ourselves. While we're at it, let's hook up with some other cars and mess up their day as well."

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

I doubt your esprit has had the luxury of being race prepared by professionals either.

Well you would be wrong, though my car is not set up for the track as I do not drive on the track. It is set-up for fast road use and specifically set to my preferences.

"You, myself and any other driver on here is in exactly the same position as any of the drivers in this unfortunate incident."

I doubt it.

​When you have witnessed someone loaded into an intensive care ambulance suffering from severe burns, or been involved in a conversation as to what to do with this car and trailer and all the kit because the wife travelled in the ambulance with her dead husband and it's attributable to stupidity and lack of forethought, it leaves a lasting impression.

And for good measure you're debating with some one who spent 2 years getting off walking aids, coming out of physiotherapy 3 times a week almost in tears from the pain, why, because some one did something stupid. Yes it was an accident, but it was an unnecessary one.

There is no place for it on either the track or road, but I do expect higher standards from those with track or competition experience.

​We shall wait eagerly for the outcome of the inquiry.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Are you still trail braking on public roads? When trail braking ie at the absolute limit of the grip available from your tyres, what do you do if something unexpected happens?

Pot/kettle?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Ex F1 driver Martin Donnelly has taught me how to trail brake, I'm guessing I have a clue about it.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Are you still trail braking on public roads? When trail braking ie at the absolute limitof the grip available from your tyres, what do you do if something unexpected happens?

Pot/kettle?

Did he teach you that it can only be done at the "absolute limit" ? :shock:

Your assertion that having an additional skill in terms of car control is more dangerous than not is not a logic I'm able to follow.

But I won't convince you so lets just wait and see what the inquiry revels.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Read Bibs post again Roger. You have misinterpreted what Bibs has written. Badly.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.