free hit
counters
The best "art" picture of ESPRIT in 2005 - Page 3 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

The best "art" picture of ESPRIT in 2005

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are a couple of photos from my recent track day at Watkins Glen. Sorry, no action shots, but video might become avaiable. Youc an almost see the twin intercoolers in the engine photo.

Esprit%20At%20WGI%205%2005%20small.jpg

Lotus%20Engine%20small.jpg

Stay well,

Paul

'01 Esprit - Intercooled, Chipped & Quaifed

'07 Hummer H3 - 315's & Adventure Pkg

[email protected]

Dr.Paul, your car is one clean machine B) Was it faster around the Glen than that silver Z06 Vette I can see in the background?( post lap time if poss) Im going there in August with some customer cars I look after.

SUNP0003-1.jpg
Nice pics paul. Who did the intercooler mod?  Looks similar to gordonies..  any more pics? (maybe worth a new topic :rolleyes: )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello Rob,

The intercoolers are made by Claudius and were installed by Michael Fridmann of Michael's Motorsports (along with the Quaiffe, boost gauge and track pads). The one photo you saw was taken by the folks of the GV chapter of BMWCCA at the drivers ed course in Watkins Glen. I hope to take a few myself and will post them here or in a new thread if someone would prefer that.

Stay well,

Paul.

Stay well,

Paul

[email protected]

Dr.Paul, your car is one clean machine B)  Was it faster around the Glen than that silver Z06 Vette I can see in the background?( post lap time if poss) Im going there in August with some customer cars I look after.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello Wayne,

I'll tell you, one thing I learned was that the line for a mid-engine car is different than that for a front-engine car. I drove a BMW 850CSi (V-12 400HP, 500lb-ft torque, 4,200 lbs) for years and this was my first event in the Esprit. When I drove "my" line, the only car that could keep up was a heavily modified track-prepped Porsche -we passed everyone else. When I reverted back to the BMW line (hard to break old habits), I was giving the "point-bys".

I am hesitant to post lap times because they were done by a trackside observer rather than a fixed electronic timer, but I didn't know him before he gave me my times so have no reason to think he was embellishing them. My average over 6 runs of 5-6 laps (excluding the warm-up and checkered flag laps) was 2minutes 23 seconds and best was 2min 13 seconds. Big difference, I know, but if they are correct, probably reflects the differences in "lines" I mentioned.

My instructor, Bill Held (who himself had an NSX) was excellent. Here is a quote from him:

"when you are driving a red NSX or yellow Esprit - it's like waiving a red flag at a bull - you are the target that everyone else is out to beat. The good news though, is that when they see you in their mirror, they get flustered and begin to make mistakes." When I tried to follow their lines - couldn't pass, when I focused on the "mid-engine" line, it was "good-bye !"

I'll be heading back to WGI June 20-21 and hope to give the Esprit a good workout at NHIS, LRP, Mosport and Mt Tremblant in the coming months. In my opinion, this is exactly what these cars are meant to do and noting feels better than doing it.

Stay well,

Paul

Stay well,

Paul

[email protected]

2nd Time Lucky maybe?!

There are instructions on posting images HERE dude :rolleyes:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Oh now thats just cheeting showing, of tha buetifull V8 engine.............. disgraceful behavure. :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's not cheating if you don't get caught ! :angry:

Stay well and thanks,

Paul

Stay well,

Paul

[email protected]

[pic]http://pics.fotango.com/pictures/0400737706_001P.jpg[/pic]

I've been trying to get pictures on the forum for two months now with very very occasional success. Most of the time, even though I don't do ANYTHING AT ALL DIFFERENT, I get nowhere at all !!!!! What the hell am I doing wrong ??!!??!

Edited by toyroom
[pic]http://pics.fotango.com/pictures/0400737706_001P.jpg[/pic]

I've been trying to get pictures on the forum for two months now with very very occasional success. Most of the time, even though I don't do ANYTHING AT ALL DIFFERENT, I get nowhere at all !!!!! What the hell am I doing wrong ??!!??!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

John if I can figure out how to post images(I am THE most computer illiterate idiot on planet earth :rolleyes: ) so can you. Bibs info on this is in the forum info and help section under "posting images" You can see there what I was told to do(working ok) :angry:

SUNP0003-1.jpg
Slightly off thread guys, please forgive me.

How in terms of skill or what program is used to make these little characatures like the EliseFactFile avatar ?

:D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Bob,

I made the avatar using Photoshop CS on a picture of my S4s.

I have been using Photoshop for more than 15 years - since the first version came out (they are now on version 9). It is my favorite software and IMHO one of the best written pieces of code ever.

BTW: It's "Esprit" FactFile, not "Elise" Fact File ;)

Cheers,

KFM :)

Esprit Fact File