free hit
counters
wiper switch has mind of its own - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

With the ignition on, when the wiper switch is activated the wiper sweeps . . . however it cannot be turned off via the switch. Similarly there is only one speed (slow); the wiper switch shows no ability to change this. To turn off the wiper the key must be pulled out. This parks the wiper in any position on the glass; it down NOT park itself at the base of the screen. I first thought some of the wiring was out of position on the signal switches . . . but according to the manual wiring diagram they are all perfect. I also replaced the 6-pin wipe/wash delay module (a GM relay #90069864) which hides under the dash, but no improvement.

With the key on, I get 12 volts from the following three wires:

1) green (pin location 53A)

2) light green/black (pin location W)

3) orange/brown (pin location 53E)

Upon activating the wiper that GM relay buzzes for about 1 second. I have stripped the loom and checked each wire independently . . . no issues were found. Normally, I would suspect an internal short in the switch itself but why are their three 12 volt wires to a single wiper switch?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic