free hit
counters
home insurance - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

So Direct Line sent a letter to inform me that my house/contents insurance expires at the end of this month and want £100 more than last year ...no I have'nt made any claims!

Applied again online and the same cover is £150 less than they want now for exactly the same cover...wots all that about, so i'm thinking phone them up and cancel existing policy and take it out again..wot you reckon??

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

they are relying on your apathy - got you wrong tho didn't they!

Just not happy being mugged by these fools! Makes me laugh when they say that they will automaticaly take the full amount from my credit card UNLESS I phone them...oh yeah..its an 0845 number...there should be a law against these money grabbing thieves. :2guns:

Shocking isn't it. Dave is spot on, they assume you'll not notice/care/have the energy to swap. Crooks...

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I phone up to cancel and take a new policy every year. They just ask why you are cancelling and when you tell them they say OK. The online discount is for new policies, not new customers. Aren't 0845 numbers free to dial from BT.

There policies do state they are auto renewel so you do sign up to that.

Edited by russellbosier

No, they're the price of a local call. Problem is, if you get inclusive local calls as most people do nowadays, you have to pay for the 0845 call plus they're a fortune from a mobile. The business doesn't get any money from it, they're trying to do you a favour! 0870 numbers offer a kickback to the business though, they're a proper ripoff.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Ah yes comparison sites.

You are aware that most of the comparison websites compare companies that are owned by the comparison web site??

This makes interesting reading.

"RBS Group – the Royal Bank of Scotland Group includes our old friends Direct Line, plus Churchill,Privilege, NIG as well as insurance sold branded as Tesco Insurance, Natwest, Virgin Money, MBNA,BMW Insurance, MINI Insurance, Mint, Egg, Nationwide, Age Concern, Vauxhall Insurance and several others!"

Dave - 2000 Sport 350