free hit
counters
Ale - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Ale

I enjoyed a lovely pint of Masterbrew, a Kent's Best and a Spitfire last night with pie. Mmmm.

Masterbrew is up there as a favourite but also my top pint currently is 'Prince of Ales' from Westerham Brewery, closely followed by Hooky Bitter and Doom Bar. In Norfolk, in the Bird In Hand in Wreningham in fact the Woodforde Wherry was particularly good, a very fresh and well kept pint.

All from a glass with a handle.

Any other real ale fans?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You've heard of Google? :P

post-1-0-92226100-1317826530.jpg

I grew up not 5 miles from there, had some good friends in Chislet :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Where did you live, locally? Did you know the Willis family, they converted the barn? I was friends with Trevor and Nina.

I'll pop down there on your recommendation shortly, I'll have a burger too :D

Evora NA

Warm beer? No thanks :) gimme a pint of gnats piss any day (as my Grandad called lager).

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Spitfire, Lancaster Bomber...anything to annoy our female German MD at work...but seriously anything out of the Hook Norton brewery. As it happens I am off to meet some Lotus mates this eveningat a pub where they keep Old Hooky...must persuade Marion to drive. :beer:

Though this be madness yet there is method in it ( Polonius in William Shakespeare's Hamlet)

I pretty much like all of the above but our most local micro brewery is called Stonehouse in Oswestry and does great beer. Not sure how far afield they supply though. Anyone else heard of them?

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

I've been on 3 tours of Hook Norton Brewery now, I think I can tell the guide how it all works :D

Evora NA

I grew up around the Horndean area where Gales had their brewery, ah the wonderful smell of hops used to be everywhere. Many local pubs served HSB and Prize Old Ale which had a cork in the bottle and had the ability to make you fall over after only two half pint bottles and you could get a superb pint of real ale in all the Gales pubs in Horndean. Of course Fullers took over and closed the brewery so sadly we now get what can only be described as a close facsimile.

Bibs, between Maidstone & Ashford heading north over the downs are many proper pubs nestled away in some lovely countryside down hidden narrow lanes.

It's real Shepherd Neame country around there being pretty close to Faversham.

Carpenters Arms, Eastling

Chequers, Doddington

Hook & Hatchet, Hucking

Pub I forget the name of in Newnham

Ditto Throwley Forstal

Ditto Sole Street, nr. Crundale

And shed loads more!

So many places to explore................

Kimbers, some lager can be nice.

A pint of Bitburger served at the correct temperature and gassed properly is really enjoyable on a warm summers evening.

Fosters, Carling, etc........no thanks!

I like Adnams Broadside so much I just bought a holiday home next to the Harbour Inn in Southwold :)

I was going to start this thread after chatting with Bibs the other day!

I have 3 or 4 favorites and the furthest they come from within about 35 miles of where I live!!

1st Woodfordes Wherry http://www.woodfordes.co.uk/

2nd St.Peters Golden Ale http://www.stpetersb....uk/default.asp

3rd Chalk Hill Brewery Dreadnought http://www.thecoacht...ch-brewery.html

4th Adanams Bitter http://adnams.co.uk/

The Chalk Hill brewery is based in a good Norwich pub near the train station but the Fat Cat is the best pub for warm beer in the whole wide world...Honest!!

http://www.fatcatpub.co.uk/

Buddsy (part time Norwich tourist agent!)

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Evora NA

I went to the Great American Beer Fest last Friday! Look it up on the web!

There were 40,000 tickets sold for the 3 day event in Denver. Something over 2000 beers! I heard breweries tried to enter nearly 4000beers.

I had some really good Scotch ales! I wish I could remember which ones I tried, or who brewed them! D'oh!

I also really like Belgian styles

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album

Where did you live, locally?

Lived in Herne Bay high street for quite a few years, then Herne village (next door to The Smugglers - but never drank there) and finally in Swalecliffe.

Another favourite was the Duck in Petts Bottom (honestly!) where the menu was pies, pies and more pies :bounce:

I grew up in Greenhill then moved into the town, just off Kings Road. I lived in the High St too for a while, next door to The Druids Head (which is why it was only for a while :lol:) and moved to London 12 years ago (and since back into Kent). My parents and indeed my kids all now still live in Greenhill, I'm down there every few weeks! Small world!

Evora NA

IMG_7591.jpg

Opps ok I am collecting the St peter bottle for some home brew. They use the most beautiful oval shaped flask bottle.

Buddsy

IMG_7591.jpg

Opps ok I am collecting the St peter bottle for some home brew. They use the most beautiful oval shaped flask bottle.

Buddsy

You must simply visit the Jerusalum Tavern in London sometime.

St Peters pub.

It is brilliant in every way.

I will look it up...When anyone is ever up the factory I would gladly show anyone to the Fatcat pub. Been voted best pub in britain 2 or 3 times I think!

Buddsy

My brewing kit arrived :D

In 8 months I'll have 40 pints of Wherry, I'm very excited :D :D :D

Evora NA

And you'll be very drunk! Lol

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)