free hit
counters
Ale - Page 10 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Ale

Knowing I had tried death wish coffee, my oldest stepdaughter(35 now) and her boyfriend gave me a quart bottle of this IPA to try a few years ago. I can't bring myself to drink it however because a healthy version of the image bears an uncanny resemblance to her. It also reminds me of her looks and problems with anorexia going back maybe 12-15 years ago and my wife agrees, but neither of us ever asked her outright if she sees the irony(or intended it). She's still on the skinny side, but not like she was in therapy way back then.  It's supposed to be an IPA with coffee tones.

CoUPIE0VUAAu1cY.jpg

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

My wife's cousins good ole Norfolk bois Rory and Seamus Clifford have officially started their brewery "Bull of the Woods" brewery. Selling mainly out of the Locks Inn, Geldeston but also available at the craft beer stall on Norwich Market.

22499287_185554571991603_1335402400097045948_o.jpg

Their beer especially Vapour Trail is possibly my favorite beer Ive ever tasted!

https://www.facebook.com/Bull-of-the-Woods-Brewing-Co-185553245325069/

Can you hear the banjos?

buddsy

• Like 2

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Polish ale, 32p a bottle! I found some IPA too which is similarly priced :D

20180530_161310.jpg

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

5 minutes ago, 910Esprit said:

Is that anything to do with the 13th Floor Elevators?!   If so, max respect!

Yep all their beers are named after music. 

They used to have a small private festival on their land called "FishStock" after Country Joe (McDonald) & the Fish.

buddsy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buddsy said:

In England? Looks....exotic!

buddsy

Currently here...

Screenshot_20180530-212008_Maps.jpg

Enjoying a beer watching the sunset at my other halfs aunts huge orchard! 

20180530_204024.jpg

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

Ive heard they like a bit of vodka in those parts too! Be careful, be very careful! :D

budddsy

This was Sunday lunch, we polished (!) off the bottle and have had another tonight with dinner! They take their vodka drinking very seriously and we picked up 2 more 1l bottles today ready for tomorrow.

20180527_140424.jpg

• Haha 1

Evora NA

Looking forward to getting stuck into a couple of new ales my daughter gave me for Christmas as well as an old favourite that should perhaps be consumed in honour of Bibs.

20181226_210516 - Copy.jpg

20181226_210624 - Copy.jpg

• Like 2

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

Our local reindeer farm (apparently the largest in the UK) were selling "Reindeer Piddle" which was surprisingly nice.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

My local is serving Twickenham 'Naked Ladies' at the moment and that's a very good, nicely hopped beer. Enjoying it :)

Evora NA

Had some of these over xmas which was nice.

48430247_796347500712097_9045751392290996224_n.jpg

8 hours ago, oneshot said:

Our local reindeer farm (apparently the largest in the UK) were selling "Reindeer Piddle" which was surprisingly nice.

Funnily enough in Norwich there was a brew pub called "the Reindeer" Was locally pretty popular. The chap who owned it was called Wolf. Well he sold the pub and the equipment got sold but brought up by my wife cousins for the"Bull of the Woods" brewery.

buddsy

• Like 1

I bought myself one of these:

20190707_200229.jpg?i=1851402554

These are the kegs that go into it:

20190718_181355.jpg?i=354529909

Each keg holds 6 litres. The beer is kept at a constant 3 degrees and stays fresh for 30 days. No CO2 cartridges or anything else. Simply load the keg and then pour the beer. There are currently over 30 different types of beer mainly premium European beers (Belgian, German etc).

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

awesome, I' planning an alcohol corner for my garage, that looks great

Nice.

Is it always Christmas in your house?

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

Hmmm Leffe on draft, where do you stop?   Not sure a beer fridge is a suitable companion for a19th century oil  (or thats what it looks like)

Bought a crate of leffe when I was at Spa F1 a few years ago and found it to be very fizzy and bloated me out after the 3rd bottle but did taste ok