free hit
counters
Lets see your axes - Page 6 - Guitar Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Mark Blanchard

Lets see your axes

OK, that's totally creepy. After not having listened to Level 42 for years, I've just been binge listening and was playing "Heaven in My Hands" when I read your post. Spooooooky.

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Roger that. That tune is what had me interested in him. He grabbed by ear even before Gary Husband kicks in.

It took a while but I finally found one... same vintage as myself, but in much better condition!  :smoke:

ps Lousy photo, proper guitar!   

post-9332-0-23199800-1379240289.jpg

Edited by Stirling_Villeneuve

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

I've always been in awe of Junior since the days of Ariel Bender and Mott the Hoople, that sound of the 'Live' album is extraordinary and all from a plank of wood with a one pickup. It's a joy to play too, can't put the damn thing down!  :smoke:

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

Also used on Aqualung when Martin Barre was inspired by his buddy Leslie West.

martin%20barre%20with%20leslie%20west.pn

Hmm, only playing a bit on my Yamaha classical guitar, every now and then, but enjoying it. Seems there's not enough hours in a day... 

Cheers,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

I'm in love...

post-6978-0-03255100-1386738066.jpg

Just the straight acoustic/1/4" output side of the picture is phenomenal--and I usually loathe saddle/piezo pickups--but combined with the RMC 13-pin output to a Roland GR-55 to a bunch of vintage and current Waldorf synths is just...not enough hours in the day...sick. Definitely not a one-trick pony axe. Only 2 hours in to exploring it and I'm addicted.

http://www.godinguitars.com/godinacsslimp.htm

Lovely looking guitar, what's the tone like?

I have a Seagull S6, a sub brand of Godin and the tone is amazing.  I've owned it for 24 years, it's a keeper.

I just picked this USA standard Tele yesterday as I'm getting into chickin' pickin' at the moment and need the right tools.

Tele_zpscfa588e4.jpg

Chickin' pickin'? :mellow:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Mark!!! Awesome pickin'!!!  :unworthy: 

I really love that Nashville style, but I'm pretty lousy at Nashville pickin'. My Tele is a 2005 Nashville model with a B-bender. I just wanted the body/hardware, and the B-bender so I could automatically be as good as Greg Koch (?!), so I got it on eBay for cheap since it has a bad nick in the face, pulled the pups (I still have the middle Strat pup and rest of the pups/harness if you want it), put on a regular pickguard and two Kinman Broadcasters, and a Warmoth "V" neck, and I love it, but I'll never be The Gristle King. I was hoping more for like Manuel Galban on a slow day, with the occasional B-bend, and something barely demented enough to be worthy of gristle. Speaking of Koch, last year this time he happened to be in Glasgow on a Fender promo tour, and my mom was staying there as well, so I urged her to attend the gig/clinic and she got to meet one of my top musical heroes and I haven't!  

post-6978-0-35155000-1386790348.jpg

My first guitar was a Seagull in '81 and I LOVED it! 

By the way, I probably posted this somewhere already, but screw it...Greg goes all over the place on this medley, but the chickin' pickin' is terrifying:

Realized I didn't answer your tone question. Well, this is how you rig it, and gives some decent tone samples. But I've tampered with running the RMC in to a GR-55 and then a Waldorf Blofeld. I'll post something one of these lifetimes, but it won't be as good as that pickin' you did!

Edited by Moxie

Hi Moxie,

Unfortunately that's not me!!  I just put it up as an example of chicken pickin'.  I'm not too far off that though and I'd like to improve.

Wow, that Greg Koch can play!

He's terrifying. I only subscribe to Wildwood Guitars' YouTube Channel to watch him do the demos. I'd give my left one just to be able to noodle around like that, let alone perform on stage and in the studio.

I'm pretty new here, but have a few old guitars - mostly 1956-72 original Fenders 

I'm no photographer so apologies for that!

Calling Dave Merlane/Maulden7!!! If I've ever comer across a guitar (with matching amp!) for you, then I just did and this is your Dakota Red fantasy:

2006 Fender Custom Shop '59 Stratocaster Relic and Pro Jr. Amplifier Set Dakota Red - Used

17240_59_Reissue_Stratocaster_and_Amp_Se

The Zoo is in my backyard, so if you're interested just say the word and I'll check it out for you.

Beautiful table too! Business going well?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

I spotted the table too.... can we have a Mark B's table thread?  :smoke:

ps Nice guitar! 

Just picked up another 1979 Strat today, this one's in Ash.  It's in great condition with the original pups, pots and original solders.  The neck joint's tight and the pups sound great.  The previous Owner has owned it sine 1987.  I bought it up for £800, they're normally about £1400 in this condition.

Ash_Strat_zps8ee90865.jpg

79_Head_zpsaf57bee7.jpg

Still waiting for Lotus to build my car, and seeing as there ain't many acoustics posted here I thought I'd post mine...a Taylor 810L7 (cocobolo), a Lowden F32 and a Taylor solidbody I won in a competition..!

post-16992-0-63744200-1398522710.jpg

That Taylor is a very special guitar and Cocobolo is a beautiful wood.  And those Lowdens sell for £3k, you could by an M100 for that!

Not at all in the same league but just picked up another Strat with a nice Plus Top.  Seller didn't realise the pups had been upgraded, inside were Bare Knuckles pickups worth £175 :).

Special_zpsa2059861.jpg

PG_zps864100f0.jpg

Those Lowdens are fantastic. What year is it?

Hi, I'm new to the forum, and I'm pleased to see there are other music nuts here!

From left to right, 2012 Yamaha SG3000, 1973 Gibson SG Custom in walnut, 2009 Gibson SG Carved Top in autumn burst, and Gibson '67 Re-issue Flying V.

Guitars.jpg

Margate Exotics.