free hit
counters
Turbo coolant intake pipe - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Turbo coolant intake pipe

post-10402-0-70186800-1318169141.jpg

This is the piece in question which I need to change (no idea what to call it!) the metal attachment which screws into the turbo.

The coolant intake pipe to the turbo fits onto it.(I'm assuming in is not a stock turbo)

The problem is, the coolant pipe is 16mm, but the attachment screwed on to the turbo is 13mm at the coolant pipe side. I have to tighten the jubilee clips enough to make sure the 16mm hose does not come off the 13mm attachment, but it has on 3 occasions , split the pipe at the clip causing a loss of coolant.

So............what the heck is this piece called and where can I get my hands on one which has a 16mm attachment? Or are there any other options to resolve this problem?

I hope I've explained myself fully, it's rather difficult when you have to refer to items as a thingy and a whatyamacallit! LOL

Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These guys are worth a look....

http://www.thinkauto.com/

Their catalogue is full of automotive plumbing stuff; I appreciate they aren't exactly local to you, but it ought to give you an idea of what you need ... closer to you is

http://gpopshop.com/

They are the turbo people and are very helpful by email or phone.

Edited by molemot

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein