free hit
counters
What Oil for newly rebuild engine? - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Che

What Oil for newly rebuild engine?

The engine is newly rebuild, some advice not to use synthetic oil like Mobile 1.

Can someone tell me what is the best oil I need to break-in a newly rebuild engine?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It may sound strange, but not the highest wear resistance available. The idea is for the parts to wear to suit each other. A decent mineral or semi-synthetic 20w50 will do the job, if you can get it (I've not noticed it around for a while) then as Simon states a running in oil.

If your in the UK Frosts do Miller running in oil http://www.frost.co.uk/automotive-oils-additives-fuel/classic-vehicle-oils/millers-oils-classic-running-in-oil-5-litres.html Or you may be able to get at your local trade Motor factor (always a lot cheaper than halfords etc)

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"