free hit
counters
Evora F1 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Evora F1

Mikie711

post-10399-0-37685700-1318250514.jpg

Taking inspiration from the new Lotus Renault Formula 1 Grand Prix team Lotus Cars are pleased to offer a limited edition of only three cars in the black, gold and red colours of the race team.

In addition to the standard Evora S specification these cars feature:-

Premium Pack with SuedeTex and custom Red Stiching

Suedetex Base Pack

Tech Pack

Reversing Camera

Forged Diamond Cut Design Wheels 19 inch front and 20 inch rear

all for £69,950 plus delivery which represents outstanding value especially for such an exclusive car.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If they've used the black with gold metallic that the Gumball car is painted in, it's stunning in the flesh.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm, can't make my mind up. Somewhere between almost really tacky and almost really nice. Nothing in the middle. Flipping and flopping either way. I think it will probably look better in the flesh and at normal eye level. Definitely don't like the LOTUS on rear spoiler. MMC have one from a e-mailshot so may see it soon to decide.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

• 3 weeks later...

Looks a lot better in the flesh Al. I thought it looked rather tacky but tbh it really does work. You realise its the current Lotus Renault scheme bit it looks almost retro cool for some reason. Brandon was saying there is genuine interest in it but mainly from abroad, even the States.

BTW, MMC got one of the only three for being one of the top dealers in September and October. Nice one Brandon.

I saw it at MMC as well and generally agree that the colour scheme works quite well with the exception of the giant LOTUS across the rear spoiler. Not cheap though.

Now seen it myself when in on Wednesday seeing everybody's favourite Aftersales Manager Craig. Unfortunately Brandon not there for a chat. Under showroom lights I agree worked better than I expected (but polished black inside always does) but like Mike and my original post the 'Lotus' on spoiler would have to go. I do like the suede dash though and the seats. I have photos on my phone which does not help when offshore at present but I am sure the limited edition plaque says something about 3 only.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

We've just supplied a cover for a chap in the USA with one, it was a gift from his wife!

The cover is black with red piping and mirror pockets, it looks ace :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Are they OEM? That thread doesn't mention where they got them from. If they're custom made, think £££££!

Evora NA

GTE parts won't be available to buy unless you own a GTE I'm afraid. Orders will need a valid GTE VIN number to ensure that they don't enter the open market for parts. :(

Evora NA

I had a look around Murrays one this week, my god its horrid. Really cheap looking IMO

This however, looks awesome!

http://www.lotustalk...s-evora-108482/

Bibs,

Daft question, but I presume those carbon parts cant be bought by us peasant Evora owners?

Was at the Dubai motorshow a couple of weeks back and popped onto the Mansory stand. Being the UAE they were more conversant on the Mercs, Porsche's etc but he thought that the Mansory kit will be for sale around February next year for the Evora.

George

Edited by douglasgdmw

Not seen this in the flesh but is completely to my taste. Sadly I can't afford one and if I could then would still see it as over priced and spend my money elsewhere. Stratstone have an S that they have painted in the same scheme for £52k, better but still too much which I believe is why they are not selling well. If only they had been sold at the suggested £40k before launch.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Not seen this in the flesh but is completely to my taste. Sadly I can't afford one and if I could then would still see it as over priced and spend my money elsewhere. Stratstone have an S that they have painted in the same scheme for £52k, better but still too much which I believe is why they are not selling well. If only they had been sold at the suggested £40k before launch.

Trevor.

If only they had just gave them away at launch instead? Everyone would have one!

What a moronic post.

We've just supplied a cover for a chap in the USA with one, it was a gift from his wife!

The cover is black with red piping and mirror pockets, it looks ace biggrin.png

Thanks Bibs; looking forward to the cover arriving, I am glad you like it. And as to the other GP Editions around the world, we are getting 15 in North America, that would be for USA, Canada and Mexico.

Now that Lotus is going to use the color scheme across their racing venues, it matchs and for me reminds me of the great days in the '70's (my high school days) under the JPS livery.

GTE body parts apparently won't fit a standard Evora (different body shape).

Well the GTE body parts are the different shape. Some could fit as was shown on the Gumball car. Edited by Julian73

• 5 weeks later...

Took a photo of one of the three at Bell & Colvill last month when Tony K (pictured) and I visited to interview Bobby and Martin. Can't say it moved me. Much prefer the GTE.

post-6978-0-55807500-1326429780.jpg

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S