free hit
counters
REAR INBOARD BRAKES UPGRADE - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

REAR INBOARD BRAKES UPGRADE

I'm looking for ideas how to improve rear brakes performance on the car with inboard rotors (C35 Citroen tranny).

Starting from pad upgrades to whole new assembly, rotors and calipers...

Are there any rear brakes kits on the market?

Edited by MrDangerUS

MrDangerUS

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lob this out the back me matey! Arr... :pirate:

5568880-old-rusty-metal-ship-anchor.jpg

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Yes, of course. There are several front brake kits on the market, but, I did not hear about rr inboard kits.

If you upgrade fronts, at least, IMO, you should get better pads at the rear.

Ferodo or Mintex?

Edited by MrDangerUS

MrDangerUS

i think moving the brakes outward is necessary, becouse if You improve the breaks the stress on the halve axles will get even bigger and they will die sooner. i am thinking of doing this becouse i have the intension to do an engine upgrade (more likely a swap, have not decided yet which one to pick) but i am pretty sure i can not leave the brakes inside... if You thinking of changing calipers and discs to a different type, i do not think it will be less work than moving the brakes outside. i will face this issue after i am done with the RHD -> LHD conversion :) i think the biggest issue will be the brakes for me as i want a far more powerful engine back there as the type910. i am not sure but i think the esprit will need bigger brakes at the back, becouse more weight is on the rear axle, but please feel free to correct me if i am wrong.

Edited by LionSGI

• 10 years later...

1433592529_WILWOODsonC35.JPG.d9d08fe8eaa89e7d0bdfa533f1055746.JPG

Well, looks like someone in US have been successful! This is a kit offered a while ago by Lotus by Claudius in Los Angeles, (discontinued?)

Any further details anyone?

Wilwood calipers2.JPG

Wilwood calipers on C-35.JPG

Wilwood calipers1.JPG

MrDangerUS

• Gold FFM

Lotus by Claudius post fairly regularly on Instagram so I think they are still around - 

That may be an upgrade of some sort but taking clearance to the U-channel as reference that kit may use rotors of the original diameter. Tough going larger due to clearance limitations.