free hit
counters
just an other GT1 Esprit replicate ..? - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Günter

just an other GT1 Esprit replicate ..?

so not sure if this is alreaddy discussed in here -but what kind of car is this? esprit2.jpg

http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listing/37056/ex_works_lotus_turbo_esprit_1996_gt1_type_114_chassis_no_2.html

Is it just an other "wanna be"-replicate based on a stock bodied car (like Mike Sekinger's. old S350 GT1 project)

-or is it really the same type of works car like the one sold/offered later on by Mike S. & M.Haines-racing ?

Looks for me like an "self build" looka like project...

post-1463-0-71713200-1318810437.jpg

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Gunter

The text reads that it is an original, So are you asking if the dealer is lying?

This is the text:

Description:

EX WORKS LOTUS ‘TURBO ESPRIT’ 1996 GT1-TYPE 114, CHASSIS NO2.

‘FIA BPR’ / 1997 GT2 BRITISH PRIVILEGE GT’S.

THIS CAR IS ONE OF ONLY TWO REMAINING ‘WORKS’ CARS.

CHASSIS NO1- 1996 LAMMERS/MC CARTHY (NO. 22) ‘BPR’

1997 KOENE/KALFE (NO. -- ) ‘PRIVILEGE’

1998 KALFE/MORRIS (NO. 34) “

1999 TAKEN OVER BY M. HAINES RACING. LATER SOLD

CHASSIS NO2 –1996 PORTMAN/HEZEMANS (NO. 21) ‘BPR’

1997 BRAMLEY/WINKS (NO. 45) ‘PRIVILEGE’

CRASHED HALF WAY THROUGH YEAR AT ‘OULTON PARK’

CHASSIS NO3 - 1997 BRAMLEY/MORRIS (NO.45) ‘PRIVILEGE’ - BEFORE BEING LOST TO AN ARSON ATTACK, CHASSIS NO3 WAS PREPARED BY PILBEAM RACING, UNDER THE GUIDANCE AND INSTRUCTION OF ITS, THEN OWNER, FOR AN ATTEMPT ON THE LE MANS 24 HOUR RACE IN 1998. CHASSIS NO.2 WAS PROFESSIONALLY REPAIRED, READIED, AND STRIPPED AS THE BACK UP/SPARES PACKAGE TO THE RACE CAR. (ALL PARTS BEING PROFESSIONALLY REBUILT, TESTED, AND WRAPPED FOR THE TRIP TO LE MANS).

FOUR YEARS LATER, THE CHASSIS WHICH WAS UNDER THE OWNERSHIP OF ‘PILBEAM RACING’ AND THE PARTS, THAT WERE UNDER THE OWNERSHIP OF THE DRIVER/OWNER, WERE INDEPENDENTLY PURCHASED AND REUNITED.

THE OPPORTUNITY NOW EXISTS FOR THE CAR TO BE PURCHASED AND REASSEMBLED. THE ONLY PARTS MISSING ARE-

ECU, DATA LOGGER/DASH, WINDSCREEN, BAG TANKS (IN STOCK AT ATL), AND VARIOUS SMALL ITEMS. THERE IS A HUGE SPARES PACKAGE INCLUDING 4 ½ SETS OF WHEELS INCLUDED.

THIS VEHICLE IS FULLY AUTHENTICATED AND DOCUMENTED, AND INCLUDES ALL PHOTOS AND INFORMATION IN THE SALE.

DUE TO THE RARITY OF THIS FUTURE CLASSIC RACE CAR, THIS MUST BE CONSIDERED AS A SOUND INVESTMENT FOR ANY FUTURE OWNER.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Chris, of course ..I can read the text ...and don't want to offend you (or someone else who might think to be involved with this)

-just thought all the years there is no car left (appart from the one sold by Mike S./Haines racing) ..and therefore woundered why it is written in the text that this is something like an 'all factory' racer .

what me wonders too is the front light arrangement

It does say it is one of only two left, maybe the factory would confirm? I don't know enough about the history of these cars.

I was told that Lotus had come up with a solution to the Pop up lights, maybe his is it? It looks like it may be running HID units?

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

other question -the body is not the original one, or is it ..?

What I mean, is this body shell a special lighter fabrication (as the s350 ones) ..or is it just an road version, fitted on top of the old chassis and with an additional roll-cage fittet into it

Not many race cars will run with an original fibreglass body, too delicate on a track and too hard to repair sections. The Esprit racers I've seen often have 'clams' so the front/rear body sections can be easily removed for replacement/repair or to allow access to the engine etc.

That is a genuine car as claimed by the way, I've spoken to the owner. It's fairly local to me to, I must pop over to see him soon.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

there is no price given in the advertisement ..would think this one could be Mike S. next project car .. but without road certification for Europe ..hmm...just a trailer queen, sadly

Not many race cars will run with an original fibreglass body, too delicate on a track and too hard to repair sections. The Esprit racers I've seen often have 'clams' so the front/rear body sections can be easily removed for replacement/repair or to allow access to the engine etc.

That is a genuine car as claimed by the way, I've spoken to the owner. It's fairly local to me to, I must pop over to see him soon.

Hi Bibs, I see you're somewhat local to this car. Can you please check on your private messages? I've sent one on regards to this car.

If you can do this favor for me, I will be very thankful. Please advise!

Jaime G.

I replied to you earlier today, check your messages too!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.