free hit
counters
Door speakers - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Door speakers

Just wondered if anyone could help me out. My ancient Yamaha door speakers (gotta be circa early eighties by the look!) need replacing. I hate them! They don't sound great and they're that large I cannot use the handbrake without opening the door.

The problem is, they are mounted so far forward, there is roughly only about 1" clearance behind the door card to accommodate a different speaker, due to the hinge location.

Anyone know if there is a speaker out there slim enough to fit?

Any ideas appreciated.post-10402-0-70343100-1318970142.jpg

Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not too pretty I'm afraid :(

It'll leave a fair old mess, unless I get the doors redone, which would be a shame as they're in perfect condition otherwise.

Most of the damage is from the indentation of the speaker and its components, rather than actual holes in the leather.

Anyone know the best way to rid myself of the indentations from the leather?post-10402-0-18574000-1318971982.jpg

Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

I was looking at Kenwood speakers for my son's car and they do flush mounted speakers which have a "basket" around 45mm deep and the grill which clips over the speaker is about 20mm deep. They come in various diameters, my lad got a pair which are 13cm in diameter which may be a bit too large for the hole you've got, it's difficult to tell. Not sure if Kenwood stuff is available over there but there must be lots of other manufacturers that do something similar. You may need to look at an oval speaker to cover over those holes

As for the dents in the leather I would suggest applying small amounts of leather food/cream regularly to them over a period of several weeks and they should recover a bit, go gently so you don't polish out the colour of the leather.

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!