free hit
counters
valve and hydraulic tappet - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tack

valve and hydraulic tappet

I am looking for or I might find a good price for a complete set of valves and hydraulic push a good price. My engine and my mechanic reconstruction and said he must impérative change because there are a lot of games. :help:

Edited by tack

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

the valves do have a pretty uncommon mixture of size and stem diameter, tried to find a match but failed in the past. After all I've brought many parts from Mike and the factory contacts.

the hydraulic followers/tappet on the other hand are OPEL/GM size and type [26x35 as far as I can remin] ..namely made by *INA* ..but those cost a lot of money (around 34€ each) -the same type (even as its not so good quality) is available in the Internet on various e-bay sources/auto parts shops .. for example products made by *Ajusa-Spain* ..around 11€ each. Have done it this way ..and yes, sure I 'm not happy that the surface finish of those Ajusa ones is not as good as the traditionals (as so the car even is louder on the start-up process and it needs long time for prime..) -but as long as they still work -who cares

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Thank you!

I push for the forum to find someone who sold a good price.

For valves, I just ordered from www.gsvalves.co.uk/

They offer valves in their minds catalog at great prices, compare with lotus .....

have got my Lotus-valves with a special price, so not the dealer stock price ...anyway -your link is usefull, with this information some years earlier I would have done it your way

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..