free hit
counters
Looking to buy a Turbo Esprit - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
wolflyn

Looking to buy a Turbo Esprit

What about this one, a Turbo HC within your budget??

http://www.lotusfors...urbo-esprit-hc/

I bet you'd get if for £9K thumbsup.gif

I saw this one on pistonheads a few weeks ago and is sold within a week or so accoring to the ad on the site.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

hi guys,, have been keeping an eye out for turbo esprits for sale, and interested in two, which are up in the London/Kent areas,, both are in my budget,, and bodywork /interiors seems to be great from the photos on both,, however both owners have told be about a problem on each esprit,,

the 1st one, once warmed up, smokes a little bit, but doesnt overheat and no sign of head gasket problems, from owning renault turbos, i had considered this could be worm turbo oil seals,,

the 2nd one has developed an oil leak which drips onto the exhaust,, not sure from where yet,, awaitng further info,,

so just wondering if anyone has any advice before i arrange to go and look at them,

1981 Turbo Esprit

esprit-avatar-lew.jpg

White one on Pistonheads. 9K. Says '85 but cant be. More 82/83 from the pictures. Considering a look my self. my second one.

yeh one of them is the white one on PH ,,,reading the forums seems oil leak onto the exhaust is more likely to be cam cover gaskets leaking?

1981 Turbo Esprit

esprit-avatar-lew.jpg

Hi i think the white car on pistonheads use to be a lotus road test car.Might be wrong,Ithink it was also owned by lotus esprit world and run by them .Hope this helps............Good luck Mike

yeh it was with lotus first in 84,, then sold to a customer in 85,my first choice has now been taken off the market as the guy is rebuilding the engine,, so think i will go and look at the white one asap

1981 Turbo Esprit

esprit-avatar-lew.jpg

White one on Pistonheads has a blowing exhaust manifold I think. A £1500 job.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

White one on Pistonheads has a blowing exhaust manifold I think. A £1500 job.

Trevor.

is that from listening to the video on youtube? same noise on a 21t when the manifold had a crack too

1981 Turbo Esprit

esprit-avatar-lew.jpg

Any news Lyndon?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

haha i can dream.. though i do know of the guy that won the million,lucky git,,,

didnt get to see the white lotus in the end and its been sold, will keep on looking

1981 Turbo Esprit

esprit-avatar-lew.jpg

hi,,are there any members in the oldham area? theres an esprit i fancy going to look at ,and it would be good to go with someone that knows what to look out for

lyndon

for info its a 1981, (no sunroof) in blue with red interior, MOT till nov, new tyres, new turbo, lots of history and 55,000 miles said to be excellent overall condition

oh,,,and it my

budget lol

last owner 10yrs,, now with a trader/dealer

1981 Turbo Esprit

esprit-avatar-lew.jpg

Lyndon buy it before i do!.... is thsi the blue Dry Sump Turbo car with the sompomotives? looks great. That sold at auction recently for just inder 7k i belive so that should help with your barganing. id get it checked over by someone in teh know though. Its been owned by a club Lotus member for ages previously...

... i would make you spray the bumpers black though............

nice!

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Congratulations - that is a cracking looking car.

I had a good think about going to look at it myself given what it is and the price being asked. I'm fairly sure that I had a long chat with the previous owner at Castle Coombe about 2 or 3 years ago.

Personally I'd put the bumpers and wing mirrors back to what I guess was the original colour of satin black

Well done on the purchase Lyndon

Enjoy :smoke:

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Lovely, congrats :thumbsup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Looks lovely but I notice no sheep in the field, unusual for Wales, they all busy or hiding when you turned up :-)

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.