free hit
counters
Nardi Steering wheel install pics - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Nardi Steering wheel install pics

Here are some pics of the Nardi wheel I installed in my Esprit. I think it fits the interior fairly well in a classic-no frills way, but provides a much better looking interior. The flat bottom also helps ingress and egress a bit. Many thanks to Johan for the idea of modifying the Grant adaptor. The wheel came with a hub that was supposed to work, and actually looked close enough that I began to modify it. In the end, no dice. I used the Grant adaptor and a Grant to Nardi (different than Momo) adaptor. Let me know what you think.

Regards,

Rod

post-1270-1150154547.jpg

post-1270-1150154567.jpg

Rod

98 Esprit V8

Dynamic Racing Turbos

Water Injection

Factory Red ECU

3 bar MAP piggyback

Straight-through exhaust

TurboXS BOVs

Blitz I-color boost control + Wide-band AFR

Porsche/Getrag G50/52 Transmission (...coming soon someday)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rod that looks great! I've been thinking of getting the same setup, did you get it from ebay? Also where did you get the Grant adapter?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your Nardi steering wheel upgrade looks Great!! I have a 1999 Esprit I would really like to do the same upgrade to....what were the grant part numbers you used to adapt the Nardi wheel to your 98 esprit?

Your Nardi steering wheel upgrade looks Great!! I have a 1999 Esprit I would really like to do the same upgrade to....what were the grant part numbers you used to adapt the Nardi wheel to your 98 esprit?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Grant kit is #4509. It still requires a bit of grinding and a couple holes drilled. See extremeesprit.com for a bit more details. Look under the safety tab and then steering wheel. Once the Grant adaptor was installed I then had to use the Grant to Personal/Nardi adaptor. It took a touch of modification also.

Best of luck!

Rod

Rod

98 Esprit V8

Dynamic Racing Turbos

Water Injection

Factory Red ECU

3 bar MAP piggyback

Straight-through exhaust

TurboXS BOVs

Blitz I-color boost control + Wide-band AFR

Porsche/Getrag G50/52 Transmission (...coming soon someday)