free hit
counters
PRESS HERE TO CLOSE Series 1 tailgate sticker - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

PRESS HERE TO CLOSE Series 1 tailgate sticker

I,ve had a small batch of these stickers made up,they are actually designed for the outside of the rear screen,BUT i,ve stuck mine to the little black trim that goes on the inside of the rar screen,so it should look fine,its not identical but its about the right size and done in a 70s style font,its better than nothing i guess....

Can get a pic e-mailed if anyone is interested?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest saraphee

Hi David,

I'd certainly like to see a pic and would be interested in acquiring a couple - the car is now attracting a lot of attention and anything that helps keep it safe from fiddling fingers is a plus for me.

As well as being a 'note to self' of course!

• 5 months later...

Hi Safrane,

Have just joined your forum, and saw your post.

Do you have any of your "PRESS HERE" stickers left.

Have tried to find someone to reproduce these, but have had no joy.

Willing to buy 2 off you if you have.

Though I did find a source for an excellent "Colin Chapman" signature on Ebay.

Will look great on the glovebox lid.

A fitting tribute to the man!

Cheers,

Iain

Hi folks

Sorry for the delay,i actually lost all the stickers,BUT i now have them again!!

Rex i will send you a couple this week,Iian i need your address details and i will send you a couple

And if anyone else wants one PLEASE PM me address details.

They are not 100% correct but do look good,and do actually fit inside the screen,you remove the glass catch and the plastic cover(if you lucky to still have this!)and attach it to the tailgate catch then bolt this back to the screen and it looks like its on the inside of the screen.

Not letting to many go so be quick.

Hi

Not sure how to PM but I'd love one of these if you have one available.

Perhaps I can't leave personal details on here and comply with regs but if you have one (or two) available I'd be greateful.

Thanks

Simon

07801 813777

Hi David,

Not sure how many of these you made up but I'd love to get one too - sending my address by PM. And have you posted photos of yours? Be great to see.

Dan

Regular restorer. Rather less reliable forum poster!

Update

All stickers have been sent today,i,ve sent everyone 2 stickers.

Dan your will be sent tommorrow,somewhere someone kindly posted a few pics of my car on here,just have to look through the threads,wasn,t long ago...

Rex yours is on its way aswell.

Dave.

Guest saraphee

Thanks David,

You seem to have created a pretty popular item - and then to have demonstrated your good nature and interest in the model by providing all comers with a couple of the stickers!

Looking forward to receiving mine in about 10 days. This will be after Songkran (The Thai water festival & New Year combined) at which point i will post a runner with a cleft stick at the end of what will be the muddy Soi [lane] on which we live as it is quite likely the rainy season will start with a vengence shortly.

Incidentally, we have a few members of Classic Cars of Lanna (www.classiccarsoflanna.com) who don't take their cars on the roads in the rainy season. As well as that we have a few cars that only appear at drag races and we also have one or two who Never take some of their cars out - they just appear at shows;or expositions as they're called here. These latter two groups move their cars around on trailers , or in some cases low loaders if they're going to show/race more than one car.

Hi David,

Your "PRESS HERE" stickers have just dropped through the letterbox, they look superb - the finishing touch to the tailgate!

You are a true gentleman.

Thanks again,

Iain

Any chance of a couple of these for my cars please?

I've posted before but don't know how to leave a pm with address etc as I'm a new member.

Help if you can please

Simon 07801 813777

Guest saraphee

Hi David,

The stickers were safely received yesterday - that's a 10 day door to door service - not bad at all - and I installed this morning.

Photo attached, my set up looks slightly different to Mark's. When I got the car the plastic cover for the lock was damaged so I had it reproduced in stainless steel, as I did most of the flimsy plastic bits in which the car abounds.

Would you please be kind enough to PM me your address, I have something here that i would like to send to you.

Rex

post-9228-0-88466300-1335071375.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Thanks David

Arrived yesterday and so should be fitted today if all goes to plan.

Elite 2.2 has not arrived yet from the transport company so getting a little worried.

Thanks anyway

Simon