free hit
counters
Started a classic collection! - Bike Banter - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Loteuk

Started a classic collection!

To kick off my classic 2 stroke collection I acquired a Honda NS400r this weekend.

Next-

Bimota V Due 500

RG 500

RD 500

KH 400

Not the tree huggers fave's but the small investors certainty ?

Anyone else into 2 stroke?

I have to ask myself - 'do I feel lucky'?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

used to own :-

h2 750

rg 500

gt 750

rgv 250

fantic trials bike

ossa trials bike

also a saab 2 stroke car

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

rg is the one i miss most

Been looking out for an RD500 for a while. RG500s have got very pricey and yet always seemed less well built. Always fancied a kettle. Wouldn't mind a really good RD350LC. Ideally the garage would have,

RD500

Z1300

Fat Boy

Now you have started me off i'll have to start looking again.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Mate of mine has an RD350 - which he's had forever. Also has a 748 and a couple of clonkers. You want me to see if he wants to part with it Trev?

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

trev on the road as opposed to the track rg much better bike.The yamaha i really regretted not buying was the owo1

Mate of mine has an RD350 - which he's had forever. Also has a 748 and a couple of clonkers. You want me to see if he wants to part with it Trev?

Ask if you would please and get some details. Thanks

Pete,

A bit like I wish I had bought an RC30 :-)

Trevor.

I planted an RD125LC into a lamp post once having owned it for 40 minutes, woke up 4 days later! :dizzy: Last time I ever rode a bike, mentalists only...

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Having never owned or even been on a bike before I have no idea what you chaps are talking about. Any pictures or background as to what a 2 stroke is or what the difference between them and other bikes would be great.

Ask if you would please and get some details. Thanks

Well that shows I know as much about it as Bazza! Turns out Neil doesn't want to sell anyway cos his bike's a lifer and he's a long way through renewing everything as he gradally finds the parts he needs on Ebay etc. Its apparantly a wiring loom short of being a new bike, but it turns out its the air cooled RD250F (not the water cooled 350LC) Doh!

Limited experience of 2 strokes. Had a KMX trail bike to learn on which was fun and rode Neil's RGV250 quite a bit when he had that. He found it too hard on his wrists so we swapped on quite a few runs (I had a VFR 750FL at the time).

FWIW Bazza my recollection of the differences in riding a 2 stroke were no engine braking, narrow power band, fierce accelleration in it, but absolutely no low down guts at all. They were very light machines and therefore handled well turned much faster but I can only compare two small capacity 2 strokes with a 400, a 600, a couple of 750s and a few 1000cc 4 stroke bikes, so obviously the bigger bikes would be slower handling but punchier anyway.

Edited by MPx

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

NS400r....my bike wet dream when I was learning to ride. I just never got one when I passed, going down the ZXR route instead.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

OMG I still love that Triple Exhaust lay out!! Awesome Tony, I assume you'll let some of us have a go in the summer? :whistle:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

This to me the ultimate two stroke bike Kawasaki H2 750,3 cylinders of handling hell, around 74bhp,120mph.

Jap tyres were rock hard so it did not handle,prone to tank slappers,clouds of blue smoke and very noisy,but boy it did get to 120 quickly,well it did for its day. :shuriken:

Suzuki Super 6 - That would be a nice one to have in a collection. I always fancied a TZR250 Kocinski rep or a 'reverse seizure'. However, I've generally stuck to 4 Strokes, as 2 Stroke engines are pretty much disposable and tricky to repair.

I once owned a Suzuki GT380 triple. It was a nightmare setting up three sets of points!!

Ran well and sounded fantastic!

:)

It's getting there......

Well, I'm yet to acquire my first Lotus but I can definitely fit in on this thread. My username might have given the game away... whistle.gif

In the past I've had : DT50, AR80, DT125R, KH250, TDR250, 2x 350LC, S3A 400 Triple.

Currently got : 4x KR250 Tandem Twin, TZR250SP Reverse Cylinder, SDR200, TDR80, NSR50.

And that's just the 2-strokes.

I run http://diffrentstrokers.com which seeks to be a haven for lovers of 80's 2T exotica and other stuff besides. OW01 and RC30 you say ? Yep, we do that too.wink.png Feel free to join us on our forum on there, and we're always looking for bikes to display at shows.

KR_pair.jpg

TZR_110_big.jpg

sdr1.jpg

I once owned a Suzuki GT380 triple. It was a nightmare setting up three sets of points!!

Ran well and sounded fantastic!

:)

I seem to think you are Aylesbury way? By coincidence a pal of mine is restoring a GT380 now and lives there.

Trevor.

Strokerboy,

Looks like you are having fun so will pop over to the forum and have a look. TZR looks great even now.

Trevor.

Well, I'm yet to acquire my first Lotus but I can definitely fit in on this thread. My username might have given the game away... whistle.gif

In the past I've had : DT50, AR80, DT125R, KH250, TDR250, 2x 350LC, S3A 400 Triple.

Currently got : 4x KR250 Tandem Twin, TZR250SP Reverse Cylinder, SDR200, TDR80, NSR50.

And that's just the 2-strokes.

I run http://diffrentstrokers.com which seeks to be a haven for lovers of 80's 2T exotica and other stuff besides. OW01 and RC30 you say ? Yep, we do that too.wink.png Feel free to join us on our forum on there, and we're always looking for bikes to display at shows.

KR_pair.jpg

TZR_110_big.jpg

sdr1.jpg

will add the TZR to my list - a rare classic.....

I have to ask myself - 'do I feel lucky'?