free hit
counters
Whos got a 1974 registered roadworthy Elite? - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SafraneV6RXE

Whos got a 1974 registered roadworthy Elite?

According to How many left.com there are ONLY 5 1974 roadworthy examples, who owns a roadworthy car from 1974? Be interesting to find out what is the oldest and the latest 74 car, I am sure there were a couple of 74 N reg cars on e-bay recently that were roadworthy.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You should take those numbers with a big pinch of salt. Serveral Classic car magazines has complained about how inaccurate those figures are, from some other cars I'm active with I know there is a lot of faults.

Cheers Dyna

Cheers chaps,nice to hear another 74 car will be on the road soon,whats left to do to it?

I was told by a couple of people that the taxed examples are actually correct but the SORNED are not as many have been broken up and never had the V5s sent of?

Got a new exhaust on its way from SJ and some other bits and bobs. After I've fitted that I'll move on to the clutch issue I have. On the road after that.......hopefully.

Those 'how many left' stats are interesting but basically useless. They depend on how accurate the make/model was listed when the vehicle was originally registered. I've got a garage full of interesting old motorbikes, taxed and tested, but - according to that site - don't exist any more. Cobblers.

I was told by a couple of people that the taxed examples are actually correct but the SORNED are not as many have been broken up and never had the V5s sent of?

Crikey that sounds about right, mind you it will probably be balanced out by the ones the DVLA don't have a bloody clue about!

Paul, how did the bodywork turn out, have you had a respray or just localised repairs around the boot?

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

The only way to find out is over the VIN.

Wedgie is a 1974, VIN# 00027

Edited by Musiccitylotus

Paul, how did the bodywork turn out, have you had a respray or just localised repairs around the boot?

I haven't had a respray yet, I'm going to try and save up for that. I think I'll be able to do some prep work myself. Might post a few pictures up of that area and see what people think....