free hit
counters
Radio Aerial-? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My dealer replaced mine with an active antenna from a Mercedes SLK. It mounted behind the front bumper and has much better reception.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

• 3 weeks later...

I discovered that the aerial in an Evora is in fact the chassis !!. Screwed to the dash support passenger side. Thought I was seeing things but no there it was aerial termination block bolted to the aluminium dash mount.

No wonder reception is crap.

Mike,

Unless it has changed the ariel is running up the A pillar into the roof lining now which is what I was told in the early days when things were changing. The very first cars like mine had it somewhere under the front clam but with lots of cable tie wrapped together to keep out the way. It had crimped and it was replaced under warranty to a new location just under the instrument binnacle cover on the dash top. Reception was then much better. Couldn't be run in the new optimum position of up A pillar and into roof as too much of a strip down.

Well that is my recollection of the story but speak to Craig at MMC who will be able to tell you exactly. I don't see the point of a bond to alloy tub as not conducive to a great signal as you say.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

I discovered that the aerial in an Evora is in fact the chassis !!. Screwed to the dash support passenger side. Thought I was seeing things but no there it was aerial termination block bolted to the aluminium dash mount.

No wonder reception is crap.

The aerial is actual in the 'A' Pillar, so the mounting point you refer to is probably it's fixing bracket. There has been a couple of variants during the Evora's production life to help improve reception.

The aerial is actual in the 'A' Pillar, so the mounting point you refer to is probably it's fixing bracket. There has been a couple of variants during the Evora's production life to help improve reception.

Well they haven't worked because it's still crap. Will talk to Craig and see if there is a solution.

And this is only 10 miles from Hethel! laugh.png

post-1-0-81601500-1322502049.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Have to agree that we have marginal reception in the Evora in my neck of the woods for sure and against other cars in the family (2 of which are in Aberdeen) it is always the worst in any given location listening to the same station although now at least it is possible and good enough that I can live with it - and the sat nav doesn't get lost like it used to every 5 mins which was more annoying than the radio to be honest. The fix Craig has done has moved it from unacceptable to acceptable for sure.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...

This is the first decent DAB sharkfin, an option Lotus looked into with the Evora. 

Anyone brave enough to fit one?

http://www.dabonwheels.co.uk/SharkFin_DAB_FM_Car_Aerial.html?campaign=wizemail&dm_i=G8Y,1WJ6O,9EMXQL,6TSP2,1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Possibly.

I had a normal mag mount antenna fitted horizontally today in that location, and the reception is Sooooo much better than the windscreen stick on thingy that came with the head unit.

Makes no sense to me, but it definitely works..

A219984E_zpsc87a56f4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My dealer replaced mine with an active antenna from a Mercedes SLK. It mounted behind the front bumper and has much better reception.

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501