free hit
counters
anyone see? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Did anyone see "how to build a supercar" it was on bbc2 last night, about building the mp4-12c really interesting.

think its on iplayer

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes recorded it. See the section about the exhaust sound and the red esprit se turbo in the car park

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

yep i wondered if the owner was on here

Amateurs built the Ark

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

He wasn't very polite about the sound then went on about all the kit they had to create the ideal sound . This was the followed with a clip of Lewis and Jenson discussing the sound of the new car and I personally was left with the impression they weren't very impressed.

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

I would SO like to buy a McLaren!!! Their attention to detail has to be second to none, plus the heritage, the technology, ( all that carbon Dany take note! ), the skilled workforce, the not to mention the factory. Unbelievable and the car's beautifully understated which is probably why it doesn't sound like a TVR.

Aren't McLaren working on a wider product range including a 'budget' model, if so I wonder how prices will compare with the Esprit??

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

All vehicles have been 'requested' to be returned for the exhaust upgrade and a couple of bit!!

This is not a recall people, just a request, nothing to see here!!!!

Edited by mangel

A chap I know has one, I have looked at it in the flesh and it is very, very nice, I asked him what the ride was like, he said it was better than a M5 a lot more forgiving.

But even at £170,000 he said he had to pay extra for the car mats, and HAD to but £16,000 of extras for a launch model. Unfortunetly Holly Valance is not available as an extra.

Mclaren are currently working on "P1" this is the successor to the F1 and will sit at the top of the range.

Amateurs built the Ark

Thanks!

I thought it was interesting how similar it is to the Evora... The bonded body panels are almost identical, though the Evora has fewer pieces, and the tub with subframes idea is the same except carbon vs aluminum...

I found it on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXgs1yCH7LM

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album

Thanks,Travis. Watched the entire program. Fascinating stuff. thumbup.gif

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.