free hit
counters
Parts washer - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Parts washer

I have been looking at various parts washers in order to progress my Esprit restoration. Can anybody recommend one, or is there anything in particular I should be looking for, or are they all simply a bowl, reservoir, pump and nozzle?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the Machine Mart bench mounted parts washer. It has a magnetically coupled pump with a filter and a flexible nozzle; there's a perforated steel sheet above the fluid to put the parts on. Had it for several years, works a treat... I generally use paraffin as a cleaning fluid, but any of the usual fluids will work...Jizer, Gunk etc. So much nicer than a bucket or sneaking the washing up bowl into the shed...(guilty, M'lud!)

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Used the dishwasher ONCE....never again.....innocent.gif

Robert Costa
1984 Turbo Esprit
Very Black!
2004 Lotus Elise
Quite Green! gone 😞

1977 S1 Esprit, in less bits

1998 Lotus Elise S1, Azure Blue
Sydney, Australia

“The car's weakest part is the nut holding the steering wheel”

Recommended procedure before taking on a repair of Lucas equipment: Check the position of the stars,kill a chicken and walk three times clockwise around your car chanting:" Oh mighty Prince of Darkness protect your unworthy servant.."

• 1 month later...