free hit
counters
One rule for us... - Page 3 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Phil, Lets agree to disagree then.

There are bad in every profession, non? I know a Barrister who got a sex offender off by harrassing the victim and he knew that the guy was guilty. He went on to commit 6 more offenses on children.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest surferphil

Phil, Lets agree to disagree then.

There are bad in every profession, non? I know a Barrister who got a sex offender off by harrassing the victim and he knew that the guy was guilty. He went on to commit 6 more offenses on children.

Yes I agree there are in every profession.

The person you are referring to should have been dragged in front of the Bar council, kicked out of the profession and such an incident should be good grounds for a re trial, but the justice system is flawed. The judge is there to make sure this doesn't happen but you know that these people are not infallible either.

The sad thing is that when someone is not suitable to do their job in such a high profile profession like Barristers Solicitors and Police officers, there are often grave consequences for other people and that is why there needs to be some safe guards to stop these individuals from carrying on regardless.

The Police are the front line and that really is the discussion here, things won't change when the Police look outside the force to blame this problem on other people, some Police officers are brilliant, doing a great job and I am glad they are out there supporting and helping people, I have experienced this and know a few quite well.

John,

"Barristers seem to exist to return scrotes to the street as fast as possible"

Barristers do not take people to court, judge, convict or pass sentence, they argue the facts of law.

It takes a Barrister to prosecute as well as one to defend in front of a court.

Barristers are not permitted to defend an innocent plea from a guilty person, You can make a complaint about a Barrister and it is treated very seriously with consequences that can remove them from the profession.

You will find that it is a Magistrate, Judge or a Jury (depending on which court in the system) that convicts or acquits, not a Barrister.

If you can't see the politics of TV and papers then you are never going to see the truth. I speak from experience not what someone else has chosen to spoon feed me with for their own political and commercial reasons. The shows are 'safe entertainment for the masses', edited and carefully chosen, do you think the Police would permit the film crew if there wasn't a Police slant? Please don't tell me you are that naive. It's business and politics!

As for inspector Gadget, the rantings of an idiot supported by the Daily Mail - a heavily political paper.

The condescending step by step guide to how not to be a criminal is nothing other than a long winded way of saying that 'Criminals are to blame for crime!' No shit Sherlock!

My question to his rant is: What are you going to do about it?

They aren't going to get the trust unless they sort out their own accountability. Social Politics are a different topic.

I was stopped the other day walking to my office on the day of the English defence leagues demo in birmingham for, and I quote, 'having a short haircut'. The followed me on two motorbikes to my office afterwards and when I asked if they were satisfied now the turned around and rode off!!

I have to say, having been banned from driving for points accumulation the 'it looks suspicious so it is' phrase should be 'it looks suspicious therfore we will stop and FIND something wrong'!!

Personally i love the camera cars as you can actually prove that they were wrong!!!

Edited by mangel