free hit
counters
License Plate Lens -Lucas Part #? - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

License Plate Lens -Lucas Part #?

Does anyone know of the lucas part number/cross reference/any other details about the license plate rear lens on the Esprit? The markings on mine are V114 DOT, SAE(2)L80 and I have a lotus part number of A082M6179F... I have one and am looking for another one in good shape...not sure what it's off of, etc..

Thanks

Pete

Swore there would be no more Lotus Restorations again - But I bought it anyway :) - As Bond would say, 'Never Say Never'...others say "Some never learn"

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Any chance someone out there in Espritland can snap a photo of their rear number plate lamps? Just wanted to make sure i'm hunting for the right thing...Lotus has shipped me a variety of styles lenses (all in bags with the same lotus part #)...:)

Pete

Swore there would be no more Lotus Restorations again - But I bought it anyway :) - As Bond would say, 'Never Say Never'...others say "Some never learn"

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

Do you happen to have a photo of that lens installed on a car? Here are the lamps I'm getting from Lotus...the style on the left (narrow one) was on my car, but it didn't match the square hole that was in my bumper. The lamp on the right looks like it's the correct one, but that's definitely different than the photo of the one you mentioned, but you're not the first to suggest that the ebay photo style is the one I need, I just don't quite understand how it would be used - that's a mini lens meant to go into a metal housing/etc...

Here's the photo of the lenses.

lamps.jpg

Here's the ebay / mini one:

bulb2.jpg

Take a look at the SJ sportscar website. He sells the remanufactured plinth for the mini lenses.

Look here for the S3

http://www.sjsportscars.co.uk/index.php?mod=10

Got it..that makes more sense then :) Thanks for your help! That should get me on the right track as I have other parts to get from them as well...

Pete

I think that the SJ plinth is a fibreglass one whereas the original was rubber? Or the other way around.

If the original was rubber, best get the new one. The olds wont be worth bothering with.