free hit
counters
New S3 owner from Utah - Introductions - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

New S3 owner from Utah

Bloodnok

Hi everyone. My name is Andrew and I'm from Utah. After years of wanting an Esprit I finally got one. It's a 1986 HCI with about 39000 miles on the clock.

Already done a little work to it. Needed a new cap and rotor, so I replaced those and put some new plugs and wires in. Also had to get a cat fabbed up for the exhaust to pass emissions. Next is changing out the coolant which looks like it should have been changed years ago.

And of course, some pictures:

lotus_001.jpg

lotus_002.jpg

'86 Lotus Esprit Turbo

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks lovely, welcome :thumbsup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Hello Andrew welcome.gif

Always good to welcome a new member from this side of the pond. Bundles of help and support here.

My S1 spent some time in SLC.

Don't forget to check when the cam belt was last changed. If no record within the last 2 years then I would strongly suggest you get it done.

Nice looking G Turbo clap.gif

Gavin

Thanks for the welcomes!

Nice, looks like some interesting scenery not that far away from you, and certainly agree about the colour biggrin.png

Amazing scenery around here, mountains all around me. Moved here about 4 years ago and love it. Landscape here is different in every direction you go.

Don't forget to check when the cam belt was last changed. If no record within the last 2 years then I would strongly suggest you get it done.

Unfortunately no real records, and with some of the issues the car had when I got it I'm skeptical about what the previous owner said was done. But with winter fast approaching should have time to take care of those things.

'86 Lotus Esprit Turbo

Hi Andrew and welcome to TLF. As you will have seen, we have something for everyone, from Technical help to threads about politics and aliens (Yes really).

If you have any questions or queries please don't hesitate to ask a moderator. Otherwise, enjoy using the forums and please feel free to post anywhere.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• 5 weeks later...

Ahh. Red. The only colour for an esprit...

Welcome to TLF Andrew. welcome.gif

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Surprised the bumpers are black, thought they were all colour coded after '84ish??

Nice car though, hope you have lots of trouble free fun in her. thumbup.gif

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk

Thanks! Pretty sure the black bumpers are a US thing. The US went through that nice era of mucking up many cars with them. I don't mind them on the Esprit though.

The car has been running well. I changed out the coolant, and gearbox oil. Next is brake and clutch fluid. Haven't had a chance to drive it too much as the heater isn't working, which makes winter driving quite chilly. Not sure if the heating system is clogged up (very possible based on the coolant that came out) or something else like a vacuum line.

Took it to work the other day and spent half the morning showing it to people. It really stands out in a parking lot of dreary cars. I finally got a chance to take it up one of the canyons too and boy does it handle like it's on rails, lots of fun. Doesn't feel as big and heavy as my 370z did.

'86 Lotus Esprit Turbo