free hit
counters
Window Motor - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Window Motor

Hi All, Does anyone know where I can get a 10 tooth window lift motor? Passenger side one has died, probably can be fixed but would like to replace both of them if I can. Car is an 1988 carb turbo. I can find 8 tooth motors but 10 teeth seem to be non-existent!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not a direct reply to your question however still makes some sence.

My drivers side window motor did not work for a couple of months. Generally it is not due to a coilwire burnout. The windowswitches were rather new, so it could be something else with the electr. motor.

This week I have opened the electr. motor (which is a rather easy job) and found the commutator strongly contaminated by grease from the gears.

(The magnets were still a fixed part of the housing, which sometimes is not the case and than can be fixed with glue in the housing.)

After cleaning the commutator with brakecleaner and assembling all parts it worked perfectly again. For me the (dis)assembling of the complete lifterassembly is a tough job.

If you cannot find the 10 teeth motor this may be an option for you.

Edited by Ruud