free hit
counters
LOTUS EVORA - AUCTION - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

LOTUS EVORA - AUCTION

bo90

Just returned from BCA Nottingham where they had a lovely red Evora up for sale. Bid finished on £33600, a Provisional sale.

Registered 22OCT 2010

5717 miles

2829NO private reg

Black Carbon roof and mirrors

post-1783-0-83211300-1323355242.jpg

post-1783-0-49268500-1323355339.jpg

post-1783-0-57043500-1323355480.jpg

Mike Kimberly at the launch of the Lotus Evora,

"These cars will be for the few who know the difference!"

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With it being a provisional sale it probably did not reach it's reserve price, but there could be an opportunity of negotiating with the seller

No CR box? Surprised it reached that much.

CR Box? WAY over rated and not everybody is looking for the CR box. It is more peer pressure I am convinced. Vast majority of the time in day to day driving doesn't matter a jot.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

CR Box? WAY over rated and not everybody is looking for the CR box. It is more peer pressure I am convinced. Vast majority of the time in day to day driving doesn't matter a jot.

Understandable view - from some. But not shared any more by Lotus.

Don't bite Al, he's always harping on about how much better the CR box is. I never noticed any significant difference when I drove both.

Does anyone know which box the IPS uses? Is it just an automated version of the CR? Or different completely?

Don't bite Al, he's always harping on about how much better the CR box is.

I was thinking the same thing, that's why I didn't bother really responding. I think Antony's post is spot on though.

The IPS is a full auto box that has been tweaked by Lotus. However, the GTE uses the automated manual.

It's okay I am not. X.gif I bit my lip. I also saw it yesterday afternoon and ignored it. I'd made my point - and it is like colours. There is no correct colour. We all have opinions - otherwise it would be boring. ice.gif There are enough boring threads on the subject already.

I made my own mind up having driven the demo as well Justin. It suits what I use the car for even although granted I had no choice to make at the time.

@Jaws: I think what Justin was asking and I am interested also (as I would have an IPS if I ever changed) is what ratios are in the IPS? Is it either the CR, standard or a new mix of 6?

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Oh, dear! From the tone of subsequent posts it seems that the brevity of my two posts on this thread left them open to an interpretation that I did not intend - that of making adverse comments directed at the cars of individuals. Re-reading at more leisure, yes, they could be seen like that.

In fact both were simple factual statements.

The Asking Prices for Evoras (Pistonheads, mostly dealers) start from £34/35K. How many buyers go carrying a cheque written for the Asking Price?

CR box cars do command a premium. The initial post mentions someone actually offering cash of £33.6K - for an auctioned non-CR car, not even with dealer back-up! My first post simply states my surprise at that price. I would expect many dealers to be interested in discussing opening offers for their non-CR cars of £33.6K. Am I wrong?

My second comment is again simply of two facts: some people - no, not I - will prefer a long-geared car if it suits their usage; and indeed Lotus has now standardised on the CR box. (That Lotus produced a Launch spec car with a different box to that provided to all the media for their road tests has been commented on elsewhere.)

Retrospectively, my comments can be seen as insensitive to some, and I apologise to them. Perhaps less is not always more.

md,

I would just like to point out that the auctioned Evora had only just surpassed it's first year of manufacturers warranty and therefore the remainder would still be covered by any main dealer

Who knows, maybe there is a CR box included? The fact that the carbon extras aren't listed maybe the CR box was also omitted. I might ask when I pop in this week.

Pretty sure I came across this car on another site somewhere. It was to do with the roof wrap IIRC. Anyway possible cheap car for somebody.

What's all the fuss about CR or long box, yes they are different, noticeably different, but at least it gives people a choice. Not many manufactures give you the option of changing the gearbox other than manual or auto.

As for the GTE, thought that was sequential gearbox.

Retrospectively, my comments can be seen as insensitive to some, and I apologise to them. Perhaps less is not always more.

No apology required at least as far as I am concerned. We are all welcome to our own opinions and as long as we don't get personal then heh ho. You made a point and so did I. End of. respect.gif

On a change of subject to the photo above isn't strange how the red car looks a completely different shape even to the wrapped blue/white one? It looks shorter and taller & I do like that roof wrap effect out in the sunlight although it must really absorb the heat being matt. Would never be enough of a problem in Scotland for sure. hrhr.gif