free hit
counters
2012 - Topics - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Newts

So, thinking about next year, howabout we compile a list of the things we'd like to do as a group.

Runs, destinations, events, whatever, lets get them down and try and make a few of them happen.

Colin

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't make it last year as my car was off the road, plus I suggested it to EALC and they didn't want to go, but I think the Duxford show is one to consider, in May. Dave Ed attended with LEC.

If EALC don't go, then I'm going to go because I was gutted I missed it.

This year wasn't so great for the position EALC were in on the field attending the Norfolk Gala Day, so don't know if they will attend next year. The year before I sorted out a few cars as private entries because they didn't attend and we had a much better spot in that instance (5 or 6 cars in all). It's later in the year, September, but worh considering.

I won't know until EALC announce their calendar of events when I'll be available, although I don't go to all their events. I did suggest to them about having 'guest' cars attend some events from other groups, but don't know what was decided as yet.

Also the big meeting at Hunstanton of the Deloren motor car club. I've spoken to them before about attending this event and they say Lotus cars are more than welcome. They have a website.

Just runs to the coast or somewhere are always good. Perhaps a trip to Caistor Castle, although I think the price has gone up some what since I last attended, it used to be £7. it's worth a visit, but they never used to let you take photographs, hopefully that rule has changed.

Owen.

Now that's a great idea, a certain person (I shall not name the owner of the dark blur Turbo Esprit owner) who previously suggested a long drive over several days but suggested tents. Tents? I demand hot & cold running water and not from some communal block in a field.

Theres a small car show on the green in stowupland nr Stowmarket,Suffolk in August , was only about 25 cars this year, as was first show for few years hopefully will be bigger next year, good pub and bbq there tothumbup.gif . Was There i saw my Excel for sale. i will be going again next year and anyone else is welcome if the have the sunday free.

http://www.iwm.org.u...spring-car-show Duxford 6th May

http://www.buntingfordclassic.com/ Buntingford 1st September

http://www.stmarysmotorshow.co.uk/ Bishop's Stortford mid September

Edited by Dave Eds

Dave.

Wishing you all well for Christmas Guys. Sorry not to have made it down lately, but the project has 'stalled' a bit lately ( 'told you so' from my wife!) but pressure of work, a new two wheel project etc, plus the mounting pile of bits to be cleaned up, has slowed me up. Hopefully the soda blaster on my Christmas list will renew my enthusiasm in the new year.

There are quite a few Classic events in Sheringham and I'll keep you posted as dates are announced next year.

All the best, Jim

• 2 months later...

Has anyone else signed up to go to the Old Buckenham Airshow in June?

I'm in, but I think the only spaces now are cancellations, it was full really quickly for private entry display cars, just wondered if any other Lotus cars will be there.

Owen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...