free hit
counters
Festival of Speed 2012: Lotus take centre stage! - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
TLF News

Festival of Speed 2012: Lotus take centre stage!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

FOS 2012 centre stage!!! Hum my wish list... Something light and techy as art piece and a stand featuring the casts of the Esprit V8 and future Evora/Elan V6... Plus A brand new Esprit and Evora Roadster!

Anyone else wondered about this from Bahar's interview in CAR magazine?

Okay, that’s it… [starts to wrap up, talk turns casual]

'You know, there is a little surprise coming at Goodwood. Two things actually…'

Go on then, what is it?

[Laughs] 'It’s a surprise!'

The Evora GTE and…

'No.'

The Esprit?

'Wait and see!'

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Here was my suggestion from another thread -

Here's a thought - aren't Lotus helping Infiniti to build a couple of working Emerge-e prototypes? At Geneva there was much debate about whether it would go into limited production and who would be build it. Infiniti did admit to preliminary discussions with Lotus about a deal that would be similar to Tesla's. I would expect the current hiatus to have put the dampner on those discussions though.

Anyhow, if we see an Emerge-e belting up the hill at Goodwood, you heard it here first. :whistle:

I would much rather see a working prototype of the new Esprit as well as the convertible Evora. Time to start a poll Bibs?

He repeated the teaser in his interview with Evo -

"We will show you two new Lotus cars at Goodwood in July and these are really fun."

Maybe another 211 type vehicle?

Edited by hedgerley

Here was my suggestion from another thread -

Here's a thought - aren't Lotus helping Infiniti to build a couple of working Emerge-e prototypes? At Geneva there was much debate about whether it would go into limited production and who would be build it. Infiniti did admit to preliminary discussions with Lotus about a deal that would be similar to Tesla's. I would expect the current hiatus to have put the dampner on those discussions though.

Anyhow, if we see an Emerge-e belting up the hill at Goodwood, you heard it here first. :whistle:

I would much rather see a working prototype of the new Esprit as well as the convertible Evora. Time to start a poll Bibs?

+1 on all of the above

Poll it is!

What options? Esprit convertible, Evora convertible, 3-11, Elise hardtop (!), 300bhp+ Evora NA, 400bhp+ Evora S, sub-1100kg Evora Club Racer?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

Wait isn't a hardtop Elise an Exige???

Bibs admit it you know something!!

:lol:

Evora NA

Poll done on the homepage.

Would be nice to see a running Esprit take to the hill :)

Evora NA

Esprit plus facelifted and/or convertible version of the Evora would be great.

A 3-Eleven would also be fantastic!!!

Elise Coupe - Lotus will be sticking the roof back on at Goodwood :lol:

Kent monthly meet is the first Tuesday of the month at the Nevill Bull, Birling

An Esprit development mule is a must! Still waiting to see the Evora cabrio DB promised!

No Elise coupe for me ; unless it comes with a deeply revised interior I don't see the point!

I'd also want a few announcements like Elise to be refederalized (It cannot cost that much this time around + If Pagani can do it so does lotus) or at least a firm date for the official launch of Esprit! News on the European dealer network!

So, this weeks Autocar has a piece on TWO 'almost production ready' protoypes, one LHD, one RHD, one of which will be driven up the hill by Sebastian Vettel. Possibly. Built with the full support of Lotus of course (the car, not Seb....)

Do I get a prize Bibs?

Also, a great write up on the new Elise S - "Yet more proof of Lotus's brilliance". And not just the handling - its quicker than the new Porsche Boxster and the 911 Carrera!

Edited by hedgerley

My choice isn't on the poll.

Elite

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

I'll forgive a thousand Swizz Beatz videos if they deliver the new Elite!!!

There's a part of me that thinks the Elite would be a good choice of a car to develop earlier than some of the others.

1) It is more pleasing to the eye than some of the others.

2) Lotus wants to break into other markets and move up. This car gives them a way to do that early.

3) This car moves into a market that they have no car currently in.

Just a thought.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

OK, smartypants, what's the red button for?

:ice:

Lotus-Elite-3.jpg

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Ejector seat John. Don't you know anything? :P

Ha! That was actually my first thought. A bone being thrown to the Bond crowd. I even ran the screen magnification up to 400% to see if I could make out the print, but it's too blurred (hold the "aged eyes" comments, please).

I like what they've done with the carbon fiber. A lot. Elegant and almost understated.

I am aware that some "keyless" vehicles have a "start button" that is often red, but how do you "start" an electric motor? It's either turning or it's not. Non?

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Reading between the lines of a number of recent articles about the business end of things (on one of the other threads), we should expect a couple of significantly new Evora variants. Which is good stuff!

In the short to mid-term this is where Lotus should be able to really make some progress. Hopefully we will see the convertible and a facelifted version of the existing coupe. There was also at one point a new interior speculated about. Do we think that might appear or would it be too costly?

I doubt we will see the Elite I'm afraid. Read another interview with Mr Bahar from next months Car Magazine (Out Wednesday, but subscriptions arrived today) and the line seems to be that the Esprit is almost finished so it would be pointless to axe it now, but everything else is off the table for the time being. I would suspect they won't want to show anything off again that might not have a future unless it was an attempt to lure in a buyer, and we now know that there doesn't seem to be a hurry to sell up.

I would love it if an updated Esprit concept or 3-Eleven appeared too, but that might be a bit much at once!

Edited by Gus82

model variants, not a running Esprit then, more likely Evora, Elise developments

Who is going BTW - just been sent some VIP tickets for the Friday :smoke: