free hit
counters
Aston Martin One-77 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Love 'em or hate 'em, this is an interesting take on modern bespoke manufacturing: http://www.wired.com...38&viewall=true

I like one guy's comment, "Well this pretty much highlights why I love Lotus. All car and no BS. Aston Martin seems to be going for the "dumb people and their money" market. Pretty car though if you like that sort of thing."--brufleth

post-6978-0-35454200-1324867251.jpg

They're also high if they think this is the "most gorgeous" supercar on the road. Looks like a Chrysler Crossfire in profile.

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah, humbug. I like the rest of the lineup, but I defer to you since you've seen it in the flesh. It's just not working for me in profile, and the front looks like it's flaring it's nostrils in a disturbing way. Not that I'd refuse one, of course.

I like one guy's comment, "Well this pretty much highlights why I love Lotus. All car and no BS. Aston Martin seems to be going for the "dumb people and their money" market. Pretty car though if you like that sort of thing."--brufleth

huh.png Really? Has brufleth ever heard of Swizz Beatz?

+1 for pretty car cool.png

From this years Goodwood FOS

post-5743-0-86396300-1324916832.jpg

post-5743-0-32474900-1324916860.jpg

Whilst I think its probably not as drop dead gorgeous as their other models, there is no doubt it has massive presence.

I think Chrysler would have sold more Crossfires if it did look like this!

Edited by Nelly9000
Guest surferphil

Looks awesome like the rest of them, think AM have done really well to come away from the 80's crap and show the Italians a thing or two about styling.

I see where you are coming from with the Chrysler crossfire comparison...

crossfire_side.jpg

...unfortunately it's not on the same reality as the rest of the planet.

I'm sure you will make a few friends with the comparison though Chrysler owners. harhar.gif

Really? Has brufleth ever heard of Swizz Beatz?

Exactly. I cited that quote perhaps too sarcastically.

I'm sure you will make a few friends with the comparison though Chrysler owners.

It's weird, but the Crossfire was fairly hammered here in the States as exactly what it is, a half-baked Merc with Detroit crap on it, and I hadn't seen one in years...until I left Bibs' house to leave for Heathrow a few weeks ago!

It was a test drive in a [previously owned] Crossfire that convinced me to buy a Saturn Sky Redline Turbo instead for my son. The Crossfire would have been the more "cost effective" choice, but neither of us could quite overlook the [epic?] failings of the design. In fairness, we did not have access to the SRT version...which would have likely produced a greater "grin factor" performance wise...and both models have a loyal following here in the U.S. There are actually quite a few running around town, with a number of them in near mint condition. Still, it's not my cup of tea.

Regarding the AM One-77, if one were to crawl under my covers, I'd be hard pressed to kick her out for bringing crackers along. Feline, svelte, with a heiny rivaling Salma Hayek's. What's not to like?smile.png

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

I guess I'm boring, but I think the new Virage looks better.

post-6978-0-24203600-1324953709.jpg

post-6978-0-48486400-1324953720.jpg

But to my point in posting the article, anyone see Lotus going the way of this type of bespoke manufacturing, or just outsourcing to Mansory for the above and beyond?

Also, since this name keeps coming up, can we please start the Selma Hayek thread?

Salma-Hayek-Beard.jpg

"I keep waiting to meet a man who has more balls than I do." - Salma Hayek

cry.gif

(Screen shot from Cirque Du Freak. Probably not what you had in mind, eh Matt?) laugh.png

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Lyn--There will always be someone to defend any car model, so just tell him I said his car looks like the new Aston Martin One-77 and leave it at that.

John--Thanks. Just as I was about to go to bed, perhaps to even have had dreams about being marooned with Selma Hayek, but now it'll end up more like being mugged by Billy Gibbons. Is that any way to treat your publicist?

My sisters been out in one (works for aston also) and say they are absolutely rampant!! The carbon fobre work on the one at supercar sunday was stunning and that was just a test mule!!

Million quid though..............Meh!!

Would rather have a Veyron at that money!!

I also looked at it at supercar sunday, smaller in the flesh than I thought it would be.

It's no Mclaren F1, non of the new cars are really moving the game on like that did.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Guest surferphil

Crossfire was fairly hammered here too, don't know why anyone would buy one (I don't know why people touch prostitutes either).

Yeh, the Virage does look better I think the Aston's all look awesome and would happily make room for one on the drive. The 177 is more Bat mobile than Virage gorgeousness. wub.png

• 4 months later...

:wub:

461098_383719918329936_176218959080034_1018343_1899299592_o.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Just read the last one has been sold. Build has finished and its heading for the paint shop. That end of the market obviously doesn't realise there is a recession on.

The production line is now being kitted out to build this -

http://www.astonmartin.com/cars/v12-zagato

Now, where is my lottery ticket.

• 2 weeks later...

Ouch!

post-1-0-78577200-1338287108.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.