Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Top Gear Christmas Special - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Top Gear Christmas Special

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THAT high a score? Not from me.....truly awful barrel scrapings.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Yup, not the best!!

Thought they might have to drive the road they've been using on the Channel 4 trucking programme as the hill climb with a difference but nope!!

Demolition of the mini was almost a case of 'well nothings really happened to us so we better make something!!'

Dreadful.

Predictable - I saw the "funny" messages on the banners the minute they were unfurled.

And for the first time ever I got annoyed that they ruined three perfectly good cars - especially the Mini, which I am sure someone would love to have owned. I also have a soft spot for the XJS too.

On top of that it wasn't all that intersting to watch.

I am sure the series will be better but after looking forward to this for most of the winter it was a huge let down.

No worse than many of the other episodes,

You can watch the "jokes" coming from a mile away, to be honest it was one of the highlights of th BBC's piss poor festive offerings

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Gold FFM

Just about to watch it. Sounds like I'm just about to waist 90 minutes though.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Gave up and walked away after 20 mins or so. We had it recorded so after misses bowed out & headed to bed we sat down with another beer to watch it but I couldn't say awake for same script/different continent. My two lads continued for a while more before giving up but they are 23/27 so maybe at their level or just the younger generation late to bed syndrome? So predictable and poor.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• Gold FFM

Will not remember a single moment of that episode within about a fortnight.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

For those of you who missed it I found it by accident on the streetfire.com web site.

I have a head cold and muscle aches so in my boredom I watched the entire thing. Yes, I agree with everyone else it was quite dull. Perhaps I had my hopes up it was going to get better.

While still driving in the city I wondered why in the world are they fitting oversized tires onto their vehicles and now I know.

Not sure how much longer it will be available for viewing so watch it now. No need to click on anything it will automatically play each 10 minute segment from beginning to end.

http://www.streetfir...ial_2351695.htm

Edited by outatym2001

Wasn't as good as some of the others. The garden party bit was a waste of time, being too contrived but it was interesting to see how many upmarket cars there are in Delhi. You'd be scared to drive them on those roads. Other parts were funny and/or interesting, though. The bit where the truck hit Jeremy's car, for example, and I admit to chuckling when Hammond lost his lunches and when the dye ran into Clarkson's shirt.

I think they tried to do something different from the other Christmas specials with not having the epic drive like they have had before. Didn't work brilliantly but some you win, some you don't.

Cars did well, though.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Clarkson is offensive to everyone....!!

As for Hammond losing his roof cargo....had something similar happen to me, years back during one of the periods of employment hiatus. Recovering from the previous night at a chum's place, we were seized with the need to replenish the alcohol levels...but we had no money. SO...we scoured the entire place for empties with refundable deposits!! Gathered a large cardboard boxful, and three one gallon Weston's cider jars....out to the Alfa, put the box on the roof, then opened the door and put the gallon jars on the back seat. Off we went to the off license....got as far as the bend at the end of the road....MY STARS!!! WHAT was that NOISE...sounded like the gates of Hell slamming shut....looked in rear view mirror...road full of shards of glass, bouncing bits of bottle and very secondhand cardboard box.

Ah.

Fortunately, the three gallon jars delivered enough deposit to enable us to take the edge off the hangovers....once we'd swept the street up and removed the glass from under the tyres of the parked cars.....

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Main difference is that yours John wasn't staged or predictable!

However the latest TG magazine has dropped through my door today and the new series preview does look encouraging and certainly better than what we were served up earlier this week.

Didnt get a chance to watch this but i was going to try to catch it on i Player today.... from reading this, i think i will give it a miss and stick to watching the Chronicals of Narnia with my daughter instead... sounds like it will be more believable than TG sad.png

Top gear is Top gear, you view it because its Top gear!!

You know what to expect and its the same as it was last time...(if its not broken don't fix it.)

I liked it and so did many of other people that I asked. Ok it wasn't the best they have done, but still I laughed. So did my son and to have some father & son time is priceless.

http://youtu.be/uZzs7icr9HE

sig.jpg

Just not a good show! And Cameron was right! Top Gear presenters + producers should not try and help Business UK get better! Top Gear as a snow does enough for it!

ps: at the current pac the show will need to meet its end soon or be put on a hiatus till a new generation of gearheads can lead it!