Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Top Gear Christmas Special - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Top Gear Christmas Special

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was disappointed. I think the biggest problem is was just a bunch of set pieces. Part of what has made previous specials great has been the journey through the country. This one felt like it could have been done anywhere. The garden party was a complete waste of time. That said, I was still entertained, but it could have been so much better.

I hated to see those cars being ruined too, although it was very expected. I wouldn't mind that Mini in the garage.

'86 Lotus Esprit Turbo

Absolute trash. They actually had an opportunity to make a good programme. The dumb down buffoonary may suit the 5 year olds. They should put it on the childrens channel.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

I must be honest ,i dont know what you were all moaning about.........i watched it and found it rather entertaining.It was different yet still the same .Just because a couple of yards got their noses out of joint does not mean we have to diss the crew of Top Gear. They have been nothing but good to Lotus and that should speak miles of praises for them.

Technically sound ...Theoretically poked !

Your opinion is as valid as the rest of us :) Mine is that it was shite. On that point alone we will not find common ground ;)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• Gold FFM

Watched it and didn't mind it. I don't need to be rolling around everytime not being able to breathe due to laughter. I was watching it on the streetfire website. late at night, and I'm crook so I nodded off several times during it. Agree about the mini. Would love to have it myself, not to see it destroyed. Most of the locals I saw on the show had grins on their faces at the antics of the crew.

I fail to see why people get see twisted up about things people say.

Jezza put a bog seat on the boot of the Jag. Big deal. His comment was not aimed at India after that. It was aimed at anyone that goes there that gets the trots.

People here say the same thing about Bali. It even has a name - Bali Belly.

Political correctness will be the death of many things to come or that currently exist. That and the OHS mob. :P

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Kind of predictable and disappointing. I think the Vietnam motorbike trip was my favorite of the specials to date ...

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

I think the trip to the North Pole was impressive and entertaining while, I think, my favourite was the one where they were in South America.

Regarding them upsetting the natives of whichever country they were in, what about the one in the southern states of the US? They were pretty insulting to some of the locals then but no one complained then. Seems a bit selective.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Guest surferphil

They are always offensive, you are supposed to laugh at the stupidity of the presenters ignorant remarks and behaviour. The joke is supposed to be on them being so foolish. Although that humour is often lost with TV taboo controversy.

I thought it was weak because the jokes are old now and were funny the first time but it wears thin 3rd or 4th time. I found myself longing for a new super car filmed, as they do so well, on the top gear track to break up the monotony. I think they should move the show on to entertain us with something new.

I'm glad some people enjoyed it though.

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the world views Top Gear and knows the program and its comedy. India should of known or at least looked in to the program before saying yes to it. As the UK is a multiple cultured country J.C's fans are becoming less. He seems to attack everyone including his fans. Was this show the begin of the end for Top Gear?

sig.jpg

I have to say that after the previous specials I was highly disappointed. The one in Africa, pure genius. South America absolutely Brilliant, Middle East, superb, Vietnam best one ever. This one seemed staged, poorly put together,disjointed and they didn't even do a road trip really (according to the Top gear Producer after the initial drive up the motorway they decided it was too dangerous hence the Train trip).

The train trip was cringeworthy. The party totally boring and didn't have anything to do with the rest of the program and the trip up the mountains at the end was limited to a few minutes at the end. Thats normally what the whole program is like and should be about.

On top of that they chose 3 of the best cars I have ever seen for £7000 and totally f*cked them up! What they did to the Jag and Mini was criminal. I haven't seen such a lovely example of either on the roads for years!

0/10.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)