free hit
counters
where to buy radiator from - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
braziers

where to buy radiator from

i have to fit a charge coolling rad in my 2000 v8 some im looking at fitting a new uprated water radiator and possibly new fans to. anyone know best place to purcchase and aprox price

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

JAE. About $1500 for an aluminum radiator and new fans.

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

You could try having the old one recored. I had mine done with a triple row core for £200 ( I think , it was18 months ago) by Serk Marsden ( inter truck) who will probably have a depot near you if you are in the UKI

A chargecooler is an aftermarket modification to a V8 so there's no existing rad to recore.

Have you tried proalloy?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

bibs i realise its a seperate item its just that while im there im looking at the option to uprate to a 3 core. 205gti rad. i wasnt planing on cuting about my front luggage space oh nooooo nooooo noooo !

Mine was re-cored recently, Sparky's got a guy who did it for under £200 iirc. Get some Kenlowe's on there, they're excellent fans.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

C & R Racing produced both the radiator and intercooler heat exchanger to my specifications as shown in the link below. Six units have been produced so far two of which have gone to Europe. I am currently awaiting new pricing from C & R Racing the last units were $1,040.00 with three Spals fans (as shown in the pictures) but without shipping. If I can get a group buy of 5 units together we can get them at a discount.

Wayne

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/33622-intercooler-project-finally-finished/

The Older I get the Faster I was

I have one of the C&R radiators designed by Wayne and I can attest to the high level of enginnering and craftsmanship - it's truly a work of art ( just too bad no one will ever see it). I think one would be hard pressed to do better for the money.

You can count me in for one of the 5.

Visit Sanj's Lotus Esprit Turbo SE pages

Looking for something for my 84 as well...keep me posted

Swore there would be no more Lotus Restorations again - But I bought it anyway :) - As Bond would say, 'Never Say Never'...others say "Some never learn"

Just found that mine was leaking...what's the count on this?

..for a Nissan 300zx ?

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

the problem is (not to mention the difference in wheight) -the factory stock radiator is made out of ordinary steel, and the (hard)soldered fins and sidescases can have some corrosion effects over the years, so even of your radiator is cleaned from any debris on the fins and no dird is inside on the water-channels (so it cools as it should) it can do problems. That's why several owners have updated to the more modern 'all aluminium' radiators available i different layouts -together with much lighter fans/fan shrouds.

Just a question of how much money you want to invest -as long as the stock system works lett it in the car ..if thereis a leak or serious loss in cooling effet you will have to undo the front anyway , so best time to think about improvements

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..