free hit
counters
1st Breakfast Club 2012 - 5th Feb - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

1st Breakfast Club 2012 - 5th Feb

Happy New Year to all our LEGS team from Brian (my stalker - see spotted!! ) and myself as LEGS coordinators. cheers.gifwine.gifbeer.gif

Been awfully quiet these days in here. All too busy dealing with the $hitty weather and Christmas I guess. We briefly discussed this posting on the roadside in the rain so all a bit unplanned.

Is anybody interested in a meet in February?

Unless somebody has somewhere better to suggest how about the Milk Bar at Powmill as been used successfully many times and was the birthplace of these meets. We however are open to other suggestions if any out there.

I am actually home for this one so to start us off:

Al + 1 (+1 probably)

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just found my way into these forums. Wondered why it all seemed so quiet until I realised I had to register and log in!

I'm keen to get involved and meet up so please put me down for this one.

Al - I believe I may have seen you around in Dunblane. Particularly M+S coffee shop sporting a fetching Stena jacket some 3 weeks back! we're in the same line of work so will be good to meet up.

Gerard

Hi Gerard,

Welcome to the Forums with your 1st post. Hopefully you will find lots to interest you on here and we are a friendly bunch here in LEGS. If you look around in the LEGS section in particular you will find out the sort of things we have been up to.

Sounds like I've been spotted then! Yup, that was me in my 2nd home M&S Simply Food it seems! Has been my missus's downfall since opening! Costs me a fortune! Not so much in the coffee shop but in the store part. The fetching jacket is from last years range and it must have been properly wet that day otherwise the Evora jacket would have been on! Look forward to catching up with you and swapping stories. I am away back tonight for 3 weeks W of Shetland so you will not see me in M&S - but then we have been off the well for weeks with the weather and the ship when last heard off between Christmas & NY was hiding E of Shetland so who knows!

1. Al + 1 (+1 probably)

2. Gerard

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

..... and a Happy New Year from the other LEG!

Hi Gerard

Glad to see you found the Spotted cards in the handbook, and hope you are enjoying the car.

Al.,

You beat me to the post as I was going to suggest Powmill for the first meeting too, and also suggest that we canvas those who turn up for possible venues for 2012. Last year's meetings were quite successful and apart from 2 occasions the weather was kind to us.

1. Al + 1 (+1 probably)

2. Gerard

3. bingoking + 0

As a LEGS co-founder I think its entirely appropriate we revisit Powmill for our first anniversary. Yes, its a year since, Brian, Al and I tucked into bacon rolls and thought, why not do this every month? There have been some very successful LEGS Breakfasts since then - I hope 2012 is just as good.

Happy New Year everyone. How time flies.

1. Al + 1 (+1 probably)

2. Gerard

3. bingoking + 0

4. Hedgerley + 1 (maybe)

Much to my surprise my missus will be coming along for this too. (she remembers Powmill for its cakes as we used to stop there when out on the bike a few years ago before we had our wee one)

1. Al + 1 (+1 probably)

2. Gerard +1

3. bingoking + 0

4. Hedgerley + 1 (maybe)

Yes the cakes and scones are scrummy.

My wife will be on the piste so won't be there so I just might have a cake for lunch!

Its a bit of a trek for me but depending on the weather and whatever else is going on that week end i may try and get down... watch this space :)

• 3 weeks later...

Strange Road Tax Disc request:

A friends son collects old Road Tax discs and has around 500 in his collection so far. If anyone has any old road tax discs that they do not require (especially if they are for an unusual vehicle) can you pop them in your car, give me a shout at the meet and I will give them to my friends son.

I am sure he would love to add them to his collection.

Thanks

George

Ooops! Read about 6 hours too late! Does a ripped into 3 Nissan Murano valid until 31/3/12 disc, with private plate, mean anything in this collectors world? Just changed my other car back onto normal plates to move the private plate onto new Evoque on the 3rd.

'Only' since early July! When we put down the £1K deposit to join the list we were 4,625th or something and that was still 2+ months before the official launch. Incredible. I saw the car yesterday still covered in plastic and they were saying order today and the delivery is end of August! Needless to say I have gone for the 2 litre turbo petrol! It was really 'nippy' when we eventually test drove one.

That will be us with two "Evo" cars in the drive. Strange!

Are you coming on the 5th? I can bring the 3 bits of disk (& I thought my collection of beer mats and miniatures was strange!) to that or shall I post out, in which case PM me your address.

Allan,

Get back from Saudi on Thursday late afternoon so will be able to make this one :-) So will be able to pick up the road tax in person.

I was at the Evoque launch at Harvey Nicks and certainly looked impressive (+ managed to get papped)(http://www.theedinburghreporter.co.uk/2011/09/new-range-rover-runs-into-harvey-nichols/)

George

Okay George, C U there.

Any others bringing the other half's? Mine has now decided to come along as well.

1. Al + 1 definite now.

2. Gerard +1

3. bingoking + 0

4. Hedgerley + 1 (maybe)

5. Paul G

6. George + ?

I will be on my own and hopefully with Esprit if Craig and his boys get the oil leak fixed. Took it in on Friday as there was a leak from the diff but when I got there one of the pipes from the oil cooler on the offside had sprung a leak.

Beast still in shop but you will see more of me this year including the Aberdeen event I missed from last year.

Powmill and Knockhill are good venues for me.

See you soon, shake n bake.

JB

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

Just checking in for the meet tomorrow. Hopefully the snow will stay off. Roads have been pretty slippery today.

Can anyone please confirm the time tomorrow? I have seen 1100 mentioned on previous threads but just want to make sure.

Gerard

Gerard

Any time between 10am and 12.

Hopefully the snow will stay South.

Oil leak now fixed so will be along with the Esprit and my wife is now coming too so one extra for breakfast.

Brian

It is on a main road so I expect it will be treated.

I have Evora winter tyres and wheels for sale if you are interested!