free hit
counters
Drip Tray For Dellortos - Page 2 - Fuel System/Carbs - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
gtookey

Drip Tray For Dellortos

I also spotted a drip tray for fiat 500 carbs and loads for motorbikes. I think the point is that these are not meant to be an item that allows permanent leaks to go unchecked, it's just meant to stop the high probability of a immediate fire starting at the first sign of a leak or even from smallest drip. The idea that any tray would be designed to capture and hold fuel is madness, but channelling the fuel away from the electrics seems most sensible.

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

you would need a combination of 2 faults for combustion  - leaking fuel and a source of combustion (a hot manifold is not a combustion source) .   Agree with John that regular maintenance is a better alternative

It's a wise precaution to check for leaks after the fuel pump has primed the carbs and before starting the engine. Check again when your done for the day.

Cheers, Gavin

Totally agree. I always wait a few minutes after pump has primed then check for leaks before starting.... first time I did this after I bought my S1 petrol poured out of the trumpets on one carb, hence my rebuild of the carbs. The rebuild fixed the leak, but now do not seem to have vacuum in the other carb. :-(